On the bench!!

jennjennx
on 6/19/12 12:57 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 06/15/12
Had my surgery with Dr. Sohi at HRRH on Friday! I was absolutely scared to death but everything went well :-). I was told the surgery went faster than expected and my liver was looking pretty good.

I must say I was sooo incredibly impressed with almost all the health care team that I interacted with when I was there. The anaesthesiologist & other members of the team assisting with the surgery were so kind to me before I went in -- I think they could really tell how nervous I was (this was my first ever surgery) and honestly made me feel sooo much better. The last thing I remember before being put to sleep was them being extremely positive and like cheerleaders for each other and for me :-).

Dr. Glazer (my medical internist) came to check up on me 3 times during my stay over the weekend, which I wasn't expecting but was really nice, and the nurses were great too! Not sure who else has gone through Humber & had Joy as one of their nurses, but I thought she was amazing :-).

All in all a much more pleasent experience than I ever thought it was going to be. The only things I wasn't so fond of was a.) waking up in recovery and yelling for them to take my mask off lol. Pretty sure  I was the only one in that entire room yelling for who knows how long lol. I just felt like I was suffocating with it on until they changed the full mouth/nose mask for the one just for your nose. And b.) the machine they hook you up to that beeps if you go below 92 oxygen -- don't get me started on that thing in the middle of the night :-P.

So happy to be on the bench!!!
hobbithands
on 6/19/12 1:01 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Welcome to the bench, happy healing and speedy recovery!!!

Catw
on 6/19/12 1:02 am - Arnprior, Canada
Welcome to the bench!  Glad you had a good surgery.

Cathy

cayleighsmom
on 6/19/12 1:06 am
RNY on 06/05/12
welcome to the bench!! wishing you a speedy recovery

barbie
merly6800
on 6/19/12 1:21 am - Canada
Congrats and welcome to the Bench!
Hannahmumma03
on 6/19/12 1:22 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
Great to read everything went so well for you jennjenn! my surgery will be my 2nd ever surgery! Speedy recovery and good healing vibes sent your way!

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

sam1am
on 6/19/12 1:44 am
Congratulations and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Nikkismom
on 6/19/12 2:12 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Jenn, congratulations! I hoping to find a place on the bench sometime in the future. I met Dr. Glazer yesterday.He seems like a very good doctor.
I wish you a speedy recovery and safe and healthy weightloss!
Regards.... Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
Laurie C.
on 6/19/12 2:39 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
Welcome to the bench, I love it here, you will too!!!

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

NorthernStar
on 6/19/12 2:53 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Glad to hear everything went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics