Day 19 of Opti - feeling sick

NorthernStar
on 6/22/12 1:13 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I am almost at the Opti finish line, today is day 19. Since yesterday I have been feeling sick, I have a massive headache and am feeling nauseated. Up until now I have been feeling fine on Opti, even good. I am getting my shakes down ok but the thought of another one for lunch makes me sick.

I took some aspirin for my headache because it's all I had in my desk at work, which I probably shouldn't have done so close to surgery.

I kind of wonder if this is just nerves, I am generally a pretty anxious person. Did this happen to anyone else?

I just need to get through until Monday!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

stephanie2011
on 6/22/12 1:30 am - toronto, Canada
It could be nerves or even the weather since the pressure has been all over the place for the last couple of days.  Also, you may have extra stress trying to tie up loose ends at work before you go. 
Can have a bit of chicken broth or something to soothe your stomach?  Try not to worry too much about the surgery (easier said than done, I know).  It is not as bad as we imagine it will be and you will do great!! 

Big hug!!  You are almost there. 

Steph
Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Monica M.
on 6/22/12 1:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
the headache could be from just about anything. Stress, you might be coming down with something, nerves, you name it.

THis would be a good opportunity to get rid of teh aspirin in your desk and replace it with tylenol.

NorthernStar
on 6/22/12 2:06 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks for the replies.

The weather HAS been nuts and I did end up walking to my car after work yesterday in the pouring rain and was soaked. That probably didn't help. If I can just get through to the end of my work day, I'll have some broth and a bath (and go to bed early!)

Yes, you are right, I need to make sure I have Tylenol in my desk at work. I stocked up at home and bought a little one for my purse but I can't find it so I must still have it at home.

*Lindsey*

Catw
on 6/22/12 2:24 am - Arnprior, Canada
I'd also make sure you are getting enough water in (plain or with crystal light).  With the heat the past couple days, you could get dehydrated sooner than expected.  It can cause the symptoms you are feeling.  I know a few people who underestimated how much water they needed, and felt lousy this week.

Cathy

onehotmom
on 6/22/12 4:57 am
I agree dehydration could be the problem (that is what VERY well hydrated.
A.    
onehotmom
on 6/22/12 4:59 am
my 1st rply got messed up
that is what happens to me.
You need to be VERY well hydrated going into surgery.
A.    
gardeninggal
on 6/22/12 10:03 am - Midland, Canada
hope you are feeling better...the chicken broth sounds like a great idea.  I sometimes get a wee bit nauseated if I drink too much water and I know that being hydrated is the best.  The barometric pressure fluctuations are also a factor.  Trust your body and your mood and know that you are are in the home stretch.  Think positive.

Happysmile
on 6/22/12 8:46 pm
I hope that you feel better soon. Allot of great suggestions from the other posts.
Happysmile
NorthernStar
on 6/22/12 8:48 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks again for the replies everyone. I started feeling much better yesterday, by the time I went to bed I felt worse and this morning I'm feeling a bit better. I have a feeling I'll be up and down until it's over.

I've been known to get sick with anxiety (last time we moved I spent the whole night before in the bathroom), which is not good. It's almost like I get an actual sick feeling instead of a nervous/anxious feeling. I'm just trying to stay hydrated now and counting down the hours!

*Lindsey*

Most Active
Recent Topics