Bloodwork and Ohip?

up4execution
on 6/21/12 11:50 am, edited 6/21/12 11:50 am
 Just wondering if anyone knows if we have to pay for bloodwork that was taken at hrrh?

I just got a bill for $400 for my 1 month bloodwork?
JJ_
on 6/21/12 11:52 am
Hmmm, I have never paid for any bloodwork done at the hospital.

You have OHIP coverage?  Did they explain why they were requesting money?  Was there a problem with your OHIP?

Judy
sam1am
on 6/21/12 11:57 am
There are a couple  of tests that OHIP doesn't pay for (I believe its thiamine and vitamin D?).  But I also believe that at the specific request of your Doctor the fees can be waived because of having bariatric surgery.  I have never paid for blood tests  

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Nancy T.
on 6/21/12 12:01 pm - Canada
Usually the lab is supposed to let you know if a test is not covered and ask for you to pay for it.  Is it possible your healthcard has an issue so they could not get tests covered by OHIP.  Sounds quite steep.  I work for a Medical Software company so I am thinking something is wrong here.
up4execution
on 6/21/12 12:03 pm
 Thanks guys!

I didn't think we paid if it was done at the centre...just got the mail tonight and thought *eek* $400 ouch!

I have to call tomorrow to see who's screwed up in administration!

(hopefully!)
TBIYTC
on 6/21/12 12:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
It sounds like some kind of a mistake.  Good luck!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Leslie W.
on 6/21/12 12:45 pm - Cobourg, Canada
That is odd. I go through TWH and get all my lab work done at life lab and don't pay for any of it.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
ruth63
on 6/21/12 8:59 pm - aurora, Canada
My understand is if you get it done at the hospital  who did your surgury you do not pay.  If you get it done at a regular clinic many of the blood tests they do about our vitiams levels is not covered.  So if you got it done at hospital a big mistake, you should not be billed..
NorthernStar
on 6/21/12 9:17 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I've only had bloodwork done once through the clinic, and they told me that if I went to the lab at the hospital it was free but if I took the requisite home and went to a different lab, I would be charged (I'm going through HRRH). I just went through the lab there at the hospital.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

PaulaToronto
on 6/22/12 12:44 pm - Toronto, Canada
Are you sure it is an invoice? Every now and then OHIP will send you what looks like an invoice to show you how much it would be if you did not have OHIP.  I have received these a few times and got thrown until I looked closer and saw the words "This is NOT an Invoice". Check then call them and get it cleared up. Do you have a green OHIP card or the old red one?

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics