Metallic taste in mouth

ern1975
on 6/23/12 6:42 am - Brampton, Canada
Lately when I eat my calcium chews I get this terrible metallic taste in my mouth. Has anyone had the same experience?? They are the same chews I've been having for months and never had a problem with.. Any thoughts on this one......
Ernestine   

Nathalie_Can
on 6/23/12 6:54 am
I asked this question a few months ago, I still have it from time to time....never noticed if it was at the same time I was taking my calcium...but I was told by the OH experts I call them...lol...that its when your body goes into ketosis.

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

ern1975
on 6/23/12 7:01 am - Brampton, Canada
Thanks Nathalie I never would have guessed that. I must say it's not very pleasant.
Ernestine   

PatXYZ
on 6/23/12 1:12 pm
The symptoms of ketosis don't usually crop up only during a specific activity, the bad breath is typically constant, though I suppose it might be more noticeable right after eating or drinking something. It's possible that the calcium supplements themselves cause a souring that tastes metallic in the mouth or that its a symptom of a mild allergy to something in the supplement - those are most likely. Oddly enough it can also be sign of both too little or too much calcium in the blood, but again, that would be constant - so its kind of a crap shoot without other symptoms to match it up with.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
ern1975
on 6/23/12 10:42 pm - Brampton, Canada
Thanks Pat I just had my six month check up so I'll soon find out how my blood work is.
Ernestine   

Most Active
Recent Topics