Insomnia?? Optifast??

the44plan
on 7/9/12 12:07 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
possibly a crazy question - does anyone else have problems sleeping while on optifast?   Its the only thing that I can think thats doing this.  I dont think that there is caffine in the opti, but I just cant sleep and find myself take 2-3 hrs to fall asleep instead of my usual 5 minutes.  I wake up around 3 or 4 am for silly reasons and then lay there trying to fall back asleep....   grrrrrr I am freaking out here..  I actually think my heart beat is faster too..  is this werid..  Could I be anxious?.. (dont think I am.. its not my personality) 
I do have more energy too.. helps with the house work ;)
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Blu-Diva
on 7/9/12 12:26 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 In still a newbie, but maybe anxious. Best wishes, and congrats. Find some relaxing things to do and thoughts, Just a suggestion.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

BluIzGal
on 7/9/12 12:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12
My problem wasn't insomnia. I have been getting up at least four times a night to urinate since starting opti.
Diana B.
on 7/9/12 12:49 pm
RNY on 07/20/12
sosweet74
on 7/9/12 1:34 pm - Tweed , Canada
Me to I have not been able to sleep as well I am hoping this bad breath goes away
Manda M.
on 7/9/12 3:03 pm
My guess is nerves. I know I wasn't so anxious once I started because Optifast was the finish line per say
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Shar eD
on 7/9/12 8:45 pm
I just finished optifast on Monday - surgery tomorrow.  I slept fine, the opti helped stave off the hunger, I had more energy (mostly because I wanted to get all work done before surgery I think - no lifting much for 6 weeks afterwards).  The breath was bad but just brushed teeth a lot. 

My mind has been in overdrive though since starting optifast - I know it's because it is now so imminent - it's not just a date anymore.  Yesterday I read lots of the testimonials on this website, reread the surgery info, looked at my book from hospital, etc.

Do you ever try reading a book before sleep.  That knocks me right out, especially if I'm tired.

Take care, this part of the journey is going to fly.

the44plan
on 7/9/12 9:45 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Thanks for all your ideas....  last night the same thing..  I actually took off my cpap mask around 2am and slept all the way thru til 6!..  I am thinking that it could be the machine thats bothering me..  I mean I wake up every 1/2 hr this past week.  I think its time the machine gets adjusted or something.   I dont think I have time for that rigth now since surgery is friday.  geeez.  Tonight I am going to try to remove it altogether from the start..  maybe Ill have to take a vacation day tomorrow :)
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Most Active
Recent Topics