The scall is so affraid to pass the 200 mark!!

BrigitteD
on 7/11/12 1:32 am - Sumerstown, Canada
I honestly think that my scale is playing tricks on me and wont let me go down the 200 mark.  I'm 2 months out and been 202 for the past 2 weeks.  It's like the scale is playing on me.  Any advice or comments would be appreciated!  Come on onderland I can almost see you!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

DarrenM
on 7/11/12 1:37 am - Kincardine, Canada
dont worry it will happen,mine was afraid to go down past 300 for a while..but finally it did!...good luck!

Highest=420lb  pre opti=382lb pre-op=360                        
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 1:43 am - Straford, Canada
 Threaten the scale with bodily harm, show it what you will do to it by ripping many phone books in half, then showing how you will stomp it by pounding it mercilessly under your sneakered feet to many Micheal Jackson tunes, then go for a walk/run and show it your neighbourhood!  I bet after all that your scale will be too afraid to not go under your demanded weight...  ;D   Ian  
ToNewBeginnings
on 7/11/12 1:43 am
Talk to it nicely.

350Ann180
on 7/11/12 1:44 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
 I think the scales have a devious plan to just stop working when it gets near a good marker - mine stopped just north of 300 for the longest time.

Damn things!  

Ann

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 1:50 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
As frustrating as it is my suggestion is to put the scale in the back of a closet for at least a week. The weather we are having lately  doesn't help with water weight. Are you weighing yourself more than once a day and what time of day are you stepping on the scale?

Onderland is only a couple of pounds away and it will come just be patient. Look how far you've come so far!!
jewel-twin
on 7/11/12 2:35 am - Canada
Now you look that scale in the eye and you say "Listen here scale, I have had ENOUGH of your BULL**** Drop below 200 Lbs or I SWEAR to god I will put you in the corner for a WEEK"...

Then weigh again tomorrow and if it is STILL not below 200lbs... say "I warned you" and put the scale in the corner for a week... Perhaps that will teach it a lesson and I think when you remove its punishment you will find it has decided to cooperate.

Juls
chipmunk_roasting
on 7/11/12 3:31 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Juls, you have hit exactly the right note, here.   Punish the sucker!

(What a clever way of getting the "put the scale away" message across!) 

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

350Ann180
on 7/11/12 3:51 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12

Too funny!

I am going to do that next time!

Ann 

Patm
on 7/11/12 3:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I like you answer Jewel twin. I have been stuck at 209 for 2 weeks. maybe threatening will help

Most Active
Recent Topics