Got the Call. But. I am just not ready!

DebColCam
on 7/11/12 3:45 am - Canada
Hi all. Had another appt with my NP yesterday. Talked again about WLS. Given my anxiety and indecisiveness we concluded together that it's not the right time for me. This am I got the call from HRRH for orientation. Talked to them for a bit. Decided to cancel my referral. If and when I am ever ready for WLS all I have to do is be referred again. I really didn't want to waste anyones time or resources!

SV
Lw at appt 249.5
**** appt 247
14 months ago 288
Regardless of my decision, I am still committed to change!
Wishing all of you courages folks well on your journey!

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

350Ann180
on 7/11/12 3:49 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
I understand your indecision.  This is not to be taken lightly.  However, maybe if you had more information at the orientation it might sway you definately one way or the other.....

Just a thought...

Good Luck with whatever you chose.

Ann

DebColCam
on 7/11/12 3:49 am - Canada
I am probably physically ready. But definitely not mentally or spiritually prepared!
Going to keep working on the head stuff!
jewel-twin
on 7/11/12 4:04 am - Canada
its not for everyone that is for sure... you have to be really ready, willing and ABLE to get past the hurdles.

If and when you are ready again... you know what you need to do and you know there will be support.
Catw
on 7/11/12 4:35 am - Arnprior, Canada
Hi Deb,

This is tthe right decision for you at this time.  You need to be ready physically, and mentally for this journey.  When it was first suggested to me, I wasn't sure I was ready, several months later, I was and I started the journey then.  This may have caused me to wait longer, but it was the decision that I needed to make when I was ready.

You have done well on your own already, you can commit to that.  And when you are mentally ready, you can do this.

Either way, you are always welcome here.  This site isn't just for surgery, we'll support you either way in your journey.

Cathy

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/11/12 5:46 am
I hope you achieve the change you are looking for!

Arlio1207
on 7/11/12 8:10 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 Good for you for realizing your not ready !!! That is almost as hard as making the decision. I know 4 ppl that have had a successful surgery (friends and co-workers) and I thought they were all crazy. I said no way, I dont have the dedication or the strength. But, after much time and research, I have decided its right for me. And I have yet to even attend the first info session. However, I am feel like I am prepared, we will see. But kudos to you, being true to yourself is equally as important. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 8:50 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Good Luck Deb!
Kerigan
on 7/11/12 9:20 am
 I think it's great you've realised you aren't ready prior to going any further with this.. you definitely have to be in the right frame of mind to tackle this! I can relate to how you are feeling, as I too was very anxious about making this decision.. It's a major lifestyle change, and I do wish I had taken a bit more time to mentally prepare myself for the obstacles that you face post op. I'm sure when you do make the decision to proceed with the surgery, you will be very successful!

I wish you the best of luck for whatever decision you decide to make in the future! And congrats on the weight loss you've achieved to date on your own! You should be proud of yourself for that :) 
Monica M.
on 7/11/12 12:07 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i wish you had kept going in the process. you have so much time to change your mind, more information might help you!

Most Active
Recent Topics