I think I hit the 3 week stall

NorthernStar
on 7/16/12 1:30 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I weigh myself once a week on Monday mornings. Weighed in today, not a single pound lost since last Monday. I know a stall early out is common and I was prepared for it, but it still sucks.

I am feeling overwhelmed enough with all the weight I still have to lose, so when the stupid scale does not move even a bit it is really frustrating. Almost makes me want to cry. I'm keepin on with my program, getting my water, protein and vitamins in but just wanted to vent a bit.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

tbtilalaf
on 7/16/12 1:56 am
No problem!  I get my surgery on Thursday, so I am on optifast now, and am stuck at about 13 pounds lost.  I too am keeping in mind about the stalls and not looking forward to them until I reach my goal!   Just keep up with getting the protein and water in and I am sure the scale will starting moving down again! 

Good luck!
Melissa

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

ruth63
on 7/16/12 2:38 am - aurora, Canada
Question, you are measuring everything you eat? I haven;t heard of stalls this early on,myself especially when you have alot to lose. No one in my support group mentioned this, but I guess if others on this sight says normal they know what they are talking about  I would give it another week and then call and talk to one of the staff and discuss with them.  Did you lose alot on optifast, if so then maybe why its slower these first few wks. Are your bathroom routines going well?  Elimination is challenging and that could effect weight.
Have you tried walking and getting some exercise in, that might help.
Maybe your will have a huge surprise next week, don;t get too worried, you have to lose, as I am sure you are taking in many many fewer calories than before.
I am 5 months from start and now lose about 2 lbs a week, but I think maybe less skin will sag. I know some in my group are down 20 lbs. more than me, but hey from size 26 to 18 is pretty good so far .  It will happen to you too!!
Good luck
Karen M.
on 7/16/12 2:43 am - Mississauga, Canada
HI Nan,

Great suggestion re. measuring your food.  Just so you know, soooo many people hit a 3 week stall (or thereabouts) because their bodies are saying "WHat the HELL?" and then try to hold onto the fat for a bit.  As long as people keep following their program, the weight loss always starts up again! :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Tanya T.
on 7/16/12 3:34 am
Hang in there the stall is pretty common at 3 weeks out and then all of a sudden it just starts falling off again.  Keep doing what your doing and you will get through it.

Tanya

NorthernStar
on 7/16/12 6:30 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks everyone for your replies. I really hope the scale starts moving again soon. I'm not going to weigh until next Monday, I get too obsessed with the number so I have to limit myself!

@ Ruth - I am measuring everything I eat, I only eat 1/2 cup and am still mainly doing protein shakes with a bit of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just can't manage to take anything more in than that. Today I had some yogurt for breakfast, tuna salad and melba rounds for lunch and I'll have some chili for dinner. I also had a Babybel light cheese as a snack.

I love 18 lbs on Optifast over 3 weeks, so I'm sure I got all of my 'water weight' out of the way. Bathroom is fine so I don't think it's that either. I am walking every day and moving around.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

cutekatie
on 7/16/12 7:29 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Been there. Haven't done what you are doing though.  You are way too calm.  I was neurotic.

I have been tracking not just my weight loss but how long it takes me to lose that weight.

When I had my stall I didn't lose any weight for 8 straight days but then lost 6 pounds over the next 6 days.

So jus****ch out when the stall is over :)

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Rachelle N.
on 7/16/12 9:01 am
I am almost 5 weeks out and I as well hit that three week stall! It sucks and I can remember thinking it wouldn't pass. It does.. The scale is moving again! It will happen for you.. Hang in there .. Keep doing what you're doing.. As mentioned earlier it's your body going holy whoa!! What's going on
Most Active
Recent Topics