Bad Dream

Nancy T.
on 7/20/12 6:19 am - Canada
So my surgery is a month away and I had a bad dream last night.  I was at the hospital awaiting to go to OR and the nurses asked me when the last time I had something to eat....for some stange reason just before that moment in my dream I was at Tims eating a bagel and coffee.  I was freeking crying cuz I in my dream I didn't even think about not eating I just went ahead and did it STRANGE!!!!  I think this is a result of my anxiety leading to surgery making sure I am doing everything perfect.  Anyone else have these sort of experiences?

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/12 7:03 am - Straford, Canada
 Not the dream part but I did read all handouts given regarding everything about twenty to thirty times a day...  and then I'll think of a question I can't answer, then reread them all over again.  I know from the surgical handout if you do as your dream suggest and eat before anethesia you run a very high risk of aspirating food into your lungs...  How's that for STRANGE!!!  lol Have a grand weekend!  Regards, Ian  
Nancy T.
on 7/20/12 7:15 am - Canada
Thanks Ian LOL  Have a great weekend too :)
chipmunk_roasting
on 7/20/12 8:03 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
It's not at all uncommon.

When I quit smoking, I used to dream that I was smoking.  I'd wake up terribly upset with myself that I had ruined my quit time.

You're completely normal -- you're focussing so much on what you need to be doing right now that it's in both your conscious and sub-conscious mind.

All is good.  Hang in there.

Marilyn

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

cchdryder
on 7/20/12 8:34 am
VSG on 01/14/13
I have had dreams like this...I believe they are all fear based.....

Ah....we're human....and fear is a normal emotion!

Referral: June 22, 2012  Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH Keele
Surgeon's appt: July 25th RD, SW & RN:
Aug 10, 2012 
Surgery:  Jan 14, 2013              

Penny J.
on 7/20/12 8:58 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
I had to start my opti-fast today, but last night all I dreamed about was food, all kinds of different food.  It's like your mind is just trying to process everything that you are going through.  Because if you're anything like me, I'm thinking about this whole process at least 90% of the day.  Good luck with your surgery!
gardeninggal
on 7/20/12 9:51 am - Midland, Canada
 absolutely bang on!  we are so ready for this and want to do well that it becomes almost an obsession and takes over every thought and action.  We are in training and that is the way I have started to think....I am in training for a totally new lifestyle and just want to succeed.  The bump here and there is part of the process....hang in pardner 

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/12 12:42 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
I agree, I used to dream about starting smoking, somthing I have not done is 20year. So it is just your fears surfacing.
Nancy T.
on 7/20/12 9:07 pm - Canada
I totally agree with all of you....I think its a fear of not succeeding !!! Hopefully its good dreams from here on in !!!!!

cutekatie
on 7/21/12 2:26 am
RNY on 05/16/12
My scary dream before surgery was that it was going to get cancelled.  I'd dream I was waiting to go into the OR and someone would come out and say 'sorry we can't do it today.'
I even told my mom to keep her cell phone on on the day of surgery because I might be calling her to come pick me up early (I was so convinced my surgery was going to get cancelled).

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active
Recent Topics