OT - Girl talk/advice.

trudylam
on 7/25/12 9:06 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hi ladies! (Hello to all the men too but I am looking for some feminine advice). I have now lost 150 lbs and I'm feeling great.  I am also feeling sorta sexy and I want to buy some lingerie.  My problem is, I don't even know where to shop for it.  Anyone have any suggestions around the Barrie or Newmarket area?  Do you try this stuff on?  I'm a size 16 now, is that small enough to fit into this stuff?  LOL  Oh boy, this is overwhelming!  HELP SISTERS!!!  
sam1am
on 7/25/12 9:23 am, edited 7/25/12 9:24 am
Wish I could help, but I've got nothing!  Congratz on feeling sexy, it can be wonderful!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

debralight
on 7/25/12 9:28 am - Canada
i've found nice stuff at la vie en rose though i am picky and like stuff that isn't too see through and has a bit of lycra so as to skim over those bits that look best when a bit is left to the imagination. i just wish they had more that was sexy and not skanky...

You should have no trouble fitting into a L or XL there at a size 16.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/12 9:59 am, edited 7/25/12 10:27 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
Stag Shop in Barrie has some sexy lingerie, addition elle has cute babydoll nighties with matching panties,  I was shopping at Victorias Secret last week in New Market there stuff goes to an XL which is a size 16,  if you know your size and fit you can always order online from Fredericks of hollywood.

Here Are Some Links, so you can get an idea of what both stores have.
Victorias Secret and Fredericks of  Hollywood are both American stores, Fredericks you can order online and I am not sure if what Victorias Secret has on their website is the same as what they will have in their Canadian Stores but I did LOVE their New Market Store.

http://stagshop.com/Lingerie/

http://www.1-plus.com/Lingerie/AE-Intimates,default,sc.html

NorthernStar
on 7/25/12 11:42 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I have bought lingerie online from Frederick's of Hollywood. They have a nice range of styles (and sizes!) and a good sizing guide.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Allaryanna
on 7/25/12 10:57 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 Winners sometimes also has some great stuff.  They are hit and miss though.

Just a word of caution.  I found with lingerie that the sizing was sometimes odd.  I wear a size 13-11 comfortably, size lg or Med depending on the store and yet I still have to wear an XL in lingerie if I can find stuff that fits and looks decent.  Mind you I also have a bad mothers apron (panni) which unless reigned in with lots of lycra could have it's own zip code.  So just keep an open mind when you start looking and remember that there will be a style you find that looks FABULOUS on you.  So if the first few don't work just keep trying things on eventually you will find the style that says "Look at me I am a BEAUTIFUL, SEXY  GODDESS and you sir should be WORSHIPING at my feet." 

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

JennaMi77
on 7/25/12 11:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Hey Trudy,

It is never too soon to start feeling sexy in Lingerie...my best suggestion is The Stag Shop. They are in about every city, and the staff is unintrusive and work with you. The prices (IMHO) are very reasonable, I got a corset from there for just over $80!

Give it a go, and congrats on your loss! WOOHOO!!
Jenna

Most Active
Recent Topics