DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES.. whoda known!

lexxiblue
on 7/26/12 12:36 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
whoda known you could make cupcakes without eggs, without oil??
here goes...
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 can diet coke or diet pepsi or even diet dr pepper (355ml)
2 cups light cool whip
1 cup kraft peanut butter

1. combine cake mix and diet pop;stir until blended
2. fill 24 regular muffin tins (line the tins with baking cups)  2/3 full with batter (i got 30 muffins out of this recipe)
3. bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean
4. mix cool whip and peanut butter until smooth; divide over cupcakes
5. serve & thoroughly enjoy! or refrigerate until ready to eat!

Makes 70 mini muffins
43 calories, 9g fat, 67mg sodium 7g carg, .3g fiber, 3.1g sugar, .7 protein

OR  30 regular size muffins
100 calories, 21g fat, 156mg sodium, 16.3g carg, .7g fiber, 7.2g sugar, 1.6g protein

enjoy!
Lizzie54
on 7/26/12 1:13 pm - Canada
Thanks Deb!

Something good that i can take into work and have!
Liz   

Monica M.
on 7/26/12 9:52 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
oh man!!! i was looking for a recipe that used peanut butter!! This is awesome! thank you!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 9:59 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
You could probably lower the calorie count and sugar count a bit if you used a SF cake mix that you can buy in the US. 
Monica M.
on 7/26/12 10:47 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that ****** me off so much, why we can't freaking get them here!!!! sheesh... i'm going to ohio in august, gonna stock up on allllllllll that stuff.

lexxiblue
on 7/26/12 11:23 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
you're absolutely right.. i tried to find lower cal pnut butter but to no avail... but then i didn't actually look in a grocery store and the devil's food cake mix.. no luck either.. not sure if any other cake mix would work??? but good luck to ya!  i'm told they're real yummmmy!!! even by my non-surgery friends!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 11:31 pm, edited 7/26/12 11:56 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
That is an old recipe that people have been making for years.  You can use any cake mix you want and use any diet pop you like. I know lots that use the white cake mix and a can of diet sprite.  I have one somewhere that you use a box of angel food cake mix and a can of pineapple.  I will find it and post it. It does have sugar in the mix just like all the other but at least it keeps the fat down as you don't add anything else.

ETA:  Here is the one with the angel food mix and pineapple.

1 package angel food cake mix

1 can crushed pineapple in water -- 20 Ounce Can

1. Combine both ingredients in large bowl.

2. Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.

3. Bake in accordance with cake mix box.

kellybelly333
on 7/27/12 1:14 am - Toronto, Canada
You can get sugar-free mixes at The Low Carb grocery store in Markham. :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

smiley_k
on 7/27/12 1:53 am
 Hi Deb,

Thanks for sharing! Have you tried the cake mix with greek yogurt combo? It gives it a brownie like texture.
Katie  ♥     

Moselle
on 7/30/12 1:26 am - Athens, Canada
Katie - how much greek yogurt do you add to the cake mix and do you add anything else or just the yogurt?

Thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics