Second Hamilton Hospital declares c. diff. outbreak

chipmunk_roasting
on 7/31/12 1:39 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/770741--hamilton-g eneral-declares-c-diff-outbreak

Both Hamilton General and St. Joseph’s Hospital have declared outbreaks of C. difficile.

The latest outbreak is on the surgical trauma unit (6 South) at Hamilton General Hospital.

mmm

Joy D.
on 7/31/12 3:48 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hamilton st Joes has had this going on for 2 years so this is NOT new, i was also there this morning for an appt YES  i washed my hands when i entered the doors n YES i washed my hands when i left the hospital, i also seen other ppl who didn't do that so maybe they need to post security at all the doors to get ppl to do that as so many ppl are rude not to not obeying the rules of spreading this germ, just my opinion on this scare topic 

Joy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

chipmunk_roasting
on 7/31/12 4:08 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
I agree, Joy.   My rhetorical question is "where have people been that they don't know the basic rules of (hospital) hygiene?"

A scary topic, indeed.

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

aprilflowers
on 7/31/12 4:18 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
Saw a report on 16:9 about hospital conditions and was appalled.

Conditions will never improve until Hospital CEOs stop getting bonusus for lesser wait times form waiting room to bed, IMO.

Blu-Diva
on 7/31/12 11:19 am - Hamilton, Canada
The ppl that go in and don't wash hands, to seem like they don't care or think they are the s**t , bets me. But hand washing has been a rule for a long time now.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/1/12 4:33 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
**** *is* the problem.  :)

mmm
Rose B.
on 8/2/12 9:25 pm - Canada
Hi there,

Just an FYI. Some people like myself have an allergy to the hospital sanitizer.

I have my own sanitizer in my car and use it once I leave my car and once I get back from the hospital...

I know not all are doing this.. but I am :)

Most Active
Recent Topics