Greek Yogurt - yum!

NorthernStar
on 8/6/12 5:12 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I have been having the Oikos lime Greek yogurt which I know is not great (way too much sugar) but it was the only way I could get Greek yogurt down. I had tried all different kinds since surgery and nothing tasted right.

Today I tried Liberte 0% Greek Yogurt with a teaspoon of apricot no-sugar-added Smuckers jam. It's delicious! I was floored. Tastes just like regular flavoured yogurt, but with very little sugar and 18 grams of protein! This will be my new breakfast from now on.

If anyone is having trouble with Greek yogurt, give it a try with some NSA jame.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

northernlight
on 8/6/12 7:07 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Glad you found a way to make it more palatable, Northern Star! I love the Liberte brand Greek yogurt & I usually always add a spoonful of No-Sugar Added raspberry or strawberry jam. I agree with you - Yum! It's usually my breakfast every day or I'll have it as a snack sometimes if I'm really hungry between meals.

Deb

BluEyedCin
on 8/6/12 8:29 am, edited 8/6/12 8:31 am
Great tip ... I will try this for sure :)

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

Debbit
on 8/6/12 8:58 am - Windsor, Canada
RNY on 05/22/12
I love the greek yogurt with Smucker no suger added jams as well.   I also add some fresh fruit to it and sometimes a package of Stevia.  I love the Bluebary SF jam with fresh blueberries!

NorthernStar
on 8/6/12 9:19 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
It seems like such a DUH thing to try because I've read so many other people eating it this way, but I'm glad I finally got around to trying it. I love having yogurt for breakfast because solid foods don't sit quite right in the morning, so now I can have this and it's even better.

*Lindsey*

smiley_k
on 8/6/12 11:18 am
I've heard a lot of people like it with the jam. I'm glad you could find a way that works for you!

Have you ever tried this recipe from bariatric foodie? I think it's awesome. I adapted the recipe and put in a tbsp of SF/FF white chocolate pudding powder into the half cup of greek yogurt because I didn't have SF chocolate sauce with a quarter cup of sliced strawberries. I use frozen strawberries and let them thaw in the bowl I'm going to make the greek yogurt in. That way the flavours meld together really nicely. It's really tasty and I've heard other posters on the RNY forum discussing mixing other flavours of SF/FF pudding powder into their greek yogurt, so maybe that might be an option too.
Katie  ♥     

Nikkismom
on 8/6/12 12:07 pm - Toronto, Canada
I have loved the Yoplait dessert yogurt, lemon meringue flavour for years. It tastes just like lemon meringue pie! I now mix it with the Greek yogurt to add a well loved flavour. The dietitian was very surprised when I told her how few calories, fat free and low sugar it was but she approved it!
http://www.yoplait.ca/source/en/Dessert.aspx
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
hbrunet72
on 8/7/12 1:36 am - Canada
 Instead of SF jam, you could also add a teaspoon of vanilla and a bit of stevia or another sweetner, to make vanilla flavor yogurt.  This is my favorite way to enjoy my yogurt.
Referral Received July 28, 2010. Orientation at Toronto Western Hospital April 20, 2011. Surgeon consult May 11, 2012. Pre-admission July 13, 2012. Surgery July 23, 2012, St. Mike's Hospital, Toronto. Officially on the bench!
Thank you Dr. Rotstein!

NorthernStar
on 8/7/12 2:38 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Lots of good ideas in this thread, I will have to try them all

*Lindsey*

ShallowGirl
on 8/7/12 10:25 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I add onion soup mix for a dip.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics