Dumping syndrome

sosweet74
on 8/8/12 7:50 am - Tweed , Canada
 Wow had a piece of fish tonight must of not chewed it enough or  ate to  fast cause ten minutes after I was facing the bowl.  Now have pressure under my rib cage don't want to experience this again

Cheri            
truckingbride
on 8/8/12 7:56 am - Harriston , Canada
eww sorry to hear that. Say Hi To Tweed for me Im from just down the hwy in Arden LOL
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/8/12 8:47 am - Windsor, Canada
 Throwing up isn't necessarily dumping syndrome.  You're right that you probably ate too fast or didn't chew enough.  That's different than dumping generally. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

coppertop84
on 8/8/12 9:01 am - Canada
EXACT same thing happened to me the other night with fish. And I don't think I chewed it down well enough. I don't think it's dumping. Just a reminder we need to chew chew chew :) 

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/12 9:01 am - Straford, Canada
 I have eaten food too fast and thrown up.  Its not dumping really, I have eaten a small piece if lasagna and that gave me dumping, throwing up, sweating, on the pottie with major action, unable to leave the pottie safely for an hour or so, really feeling very shakey and sore tummy for a few hours.  Very unpleasant, the throwing up from eating too fast was enjoyable in comparison.  Just sayin.  
the44plan
on 8/8/12 9:06 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
 Ya fish did the same thing to me the other day.... I ate too fast and it was too dry
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

coppertop84
on 8/8/12 9:16 am - Canada
ohhhh that's a good thought. Making sure it's super moist. It may have been too dry for me too. Good thought for the future thanks :) 

DarrenM
on 8/8/12 9:54 am - Kincardine, Canada
took me 3 hrs to get a piece of not chewed enough chicken out one night,i havent done that since! sure reminds you to chew better!

Highest=420lb  pre opti=382lb pre-op=360                        
Blu-Diva
on 8/8/12 11:45 am - Hamilton, Canada
Sorry about that, I know I had to learn how to eat all over again.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/12 7:51 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
I feel for you, I have had that happen with a few things I have tried...I am pretty sure I am chewing enough but think its that last bite too much...but I am slowly learning that full feeling again, its so different than it was pre-op.
Most Active
Recent Topics