Update

Sharon D.
on 8/10/12 6:21 pm - Guelph, Canada
Hello Everyone I am not on here very much but I just wanteed to give you guys an update. Since being turned down for surgery. I have now lost a total of 91 pounds and am very close to my goal. So to all those people who get their dream taken away. You can still prove that you can lose it on your own and keep it off. However if it wasn't for my CCC ladies, I would never have been able to continue on. Although I never had the surgery, they still consider me one of them because I have the same struggles with food and emotional eating ect that they do.

Just wanted to check in on the group to let you know I am okay!

Dr Referal October 3/10     SW NUT AND NURSE June 10/11  8am
Orientaion was March 10/11 Upper GI April 13 9am-10am HPylori Test - Negative CPAP -done
Ultra Sound -March 3/11All other tests are done!!!!! Next Appt Aug 15/2010

ShallowGirl
on 8/10/12 7:27 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
That is truly excellent news !!!

I feel pretty stupid doing this because I lost this weight (the first 50 anyway) on weigh****chers 2 years ago and gained it back. and I lost all of it 6 years ago on weigh****chers and gained it back.

In the end (like after 6 months from surgery) it is going to be about our lifestyles, not the surgery, and you are DOING IT GIRLFRIEND !!!!

Keep marching on !

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

gardeninggal
on 8/10/12 8:09 pm - Midland, Canada
 Hi Sharon D.

Great news and I am a newbie here on OH  -  but hey we all have struggled with weight and that is why this is such a popular and well visited site.  I have learned so much here and your post is a breath of fresh air for everyone - because you are brave and committed too!!  Thank you from me

DebColCam
on 8/10/12 8:31 pm - Canada
Hi Sharon thank you for your post. I decided that WLS wasn't for me. I am working on. Non surgical weight loss so your post provided me with inspiration. I still read the OH posts because I still identify with the struggles that are shared here and the desire for change and the work involved in choosing to live a completely different lifestyle. Your post was really helpful. Would love to hear more about your journey. You can PMe if you wish. Or maybe you can inspire others on the non surgical weight loss forum. It's quiet on that board but people still read and post on occasion. Wtg Sharon!

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

gardeninggal
on 8/10/12 8:52 pm - Midland, Canada
 amen Deb

Gorgeous84
on 8/11/12 6:41 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Congrats on your perserverance! I recommend reading "Women, Food and God" Geneen Roth
 to anyone but particularly those who haven't had surgery. Perhaps if I had read this b/f surgery- I may not have had it.

It deals with two principles- "if you stop dieting, you will start losing" and "what is on your plate is
essentially a reflection of how you view your world".  This is NOT POP PSYCHOLOGY.
Its about a mindful lifestyle and allowing yourself to feeel the feelings that we eat instead.

Has changed my life, comes with meditations which you can download as well.

Take Care!
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

sam1am
on 8/11/12 8:15 am
  Amazing job doing that on your own, big congratz!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Megan M.
on 8/11/12 1:33 pm - Canada
What an accomplishment, and what dedication!  Can you share your techniques with us?  I'm wondering how you did it.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Blu-Diva
on 8/11/12 3:08 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Wow, you go girl   

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Poppy53
on 8/12/12 12:25 am - Timmins, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations on your weight loss. I too would like to know what changes you made to achieve this.
Most Active
Recent Topics