Update: 1st Hurdle cleared

MadMax1010
on 8/13/12 4:44 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
I finally saw my family doc today, thinking I was in for the fight of my life when I asked him for a referal. I told him why and that I'd done tons of research and I was floored when he said "I'm happy to refer you" on leaving he said that he does his letters on Monday's so it would be in the mail if not tonight then next Monday. I even checked with the receptionist and she said I could call and check next week but it would done for sure!

Leslie W.
on 8/13/12 4:57 pm - Cobourg, Canada
You may want to check that he goes through the Bariatric Registry or your referral. Good luck

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
MadMax1010
on 8/13/12 5:08 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
I printed off all the contact information for him and he said he would :)

sam1am
on 8/13/12 5:41 pm
I thought I was in for a fight too!  Very happy for you, I know the feeling! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 5:48 pm - Straford, Canada
excellent news!  Enjoy the process, its lengthy but so worth it imo!  Regards, Ian  
gardeninggal
on 8/13/12 6:55 pm - Midland, Canada
 Congrats to you!  curious:  how did you know about this site?  I found it when I read through the package with my orientation date.  Welcome to the board 

Nancy

MadMax1010
on 8/14/12 3:52 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
Thank you for the encouragement.

This board was recommended to me as part of my research into weight loss surgery, and I must say it's been great.

tbtilalaf
on 8/14/12 9:13 am
lol  i too thought I would have to argue with him I even brought my mom to help, but he just said ok, and sent the referral for out of country and the rest is history! It does take time, but it WILL happen! 

good luck in your journey!

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Jessica D.
on 8/14/12 7:40 pm - Canada

Seeing u are from Collingwood.....I am guessing u were referred to Humber. Correct?

I do not know if I got lucky or if this is the norm. I was waiting for a call since my referral was sent May 5, so I called them. They advised me that there was an orientation the coming Tuesday (called Friday) and I was welcome to attend. Without me calling I may not have heard from them so maybe after a month or 2 call them...................

I now have my first surgeon meeting this Friday and my second set of appts. is September 20th.

Do not know if this is advice that helped but I know the waiting is h@#l!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics