Panni Removel-SCARED

BlondieGurl
on 8/23/12 8:04 pm - Collingwood, Canada
Hey, So I have not posted in a few years, Just seems life gets in the way but.. 2 days ago I had the most wonderful news that I have had since having my bypass done 3 years ago

13 Months ago I visited a plastic surgian in Barrie ontario, and he told me that OHIP would never ever cover my panni, as they where hardly covering at that time, but he would be more then willing to do a complete tummy tuck on me for a mear 8000.00 I laughed and left...

Well 13 months passed and I actually forgot about my application because I hadent heard anything sooner and because the doctor was so sure I would not quilify, I got the phone call!! Iv been aproved for my panni removel!!

Im so very excited to start this new chapter in my life, before gastric bypass I weighed 311 pounds and was wearing a size 22-24  Im now 160 and wearing a size 8 after my panni im hoping to fit into my dream size of 6

Can anyone help calm my nerves!!!?? As much as im thrilled im very scared, I dont like going under the knife and the bags and the tubes kinda scare me!!! 

Im living proof dreams come true!! 13 months and no pictures to Ohip i was aporoved!!
Karen M.
on 8/23/12 8:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I have to have a panniculctomy due ro health reasons.  At the same time I  am hainv a hysterectomy which was canceld a few weeks ago due to the state of my pannus. Wishing us both the best. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

BlondieGurl
on 8/23/12 8:13 pm - Collingwood, Canada
what do you mean it was cancelled cause of the state of it?? 
im so scared!!
Karen M.
on 8/23/12 8:26 pm, edited 8/23/12 1:40 am - Mississauga, Canada
My hytsterecony had to be an open surgery. Doe to the state of my pannus and the skin deterioration underneath, I was cancelled. I saw a PS a week later who assured me he could fix it and then we'll go forward with the essenrial hysto and panni at the same time. It was too big of an infection risk at the time.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 8/24/12 4:02 am - Toronto, Canada
THIRTEEN MONTHS later?? That is crazy. I just went last week and I was told that I'm just meeting the requirements for OHIP, so I'm going to assume that I will be denied, but I was told I would hear back in 6-8 weeks. Maybe I'll be waiting longer then?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 8/24/12 6:09 am - Mississauga, Canada
My PS told me about 4 weeks for approval so take heart xo

Karen

Kimmer75
on 8/24/12 6:26 am - London, Canada
 Can someone clarify for me??  OHIP only covers a small portion of the panni removal????  I had read on here from a couple of different posters that they only pay $450 towards it.  And that essentially you "upgrade" to the full tummy tuck for the same $6000 (approximate) price tag?

Referal: November 2011 to Windsor Assessment Center, Orientation: February 9th, 2012, Request Transfer to Hamilton: March 23, 2012, Transfer madness for April, May, June, Abdominal Ultrasound: August 1, 2012, Dietician & SW: October 3, 2012,
Scope: November 8, 2012, Internist: November 14, 2012, Surgeon: November 27th, 2012

Surgery: April 10, 2013. VSG and gallbladder removed.  

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/12 6:28 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
You don't have to upgrade to a TT.  Some plastic surgeons will simply do the panni, which is covered by Ohip at times.  You don't get the same results from a panni as you do from a TT but some people simply cannot afford the upgrade.
nata
on 8/24/12 10:31 am - Ottawa, Canada
$6000 is very cheap.  That's the boobs alone or arms alone price,
TT goes around 8-to-10K+tax(15% HST)+hospital charges(approx 2K), now with OhIP approved panni you can take 450 off the price tag and 1K off hospital stay  and partially anesthesia - in my case it was $300, while I paid $650. It was two years ago, I had OHIP coverage for hernia repair, not panni, but money wise it's the same. I think prices went up since.
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
SoonToBeLoser
on 8/24/12 10:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
Can someone clarify what forms needs to be filled out with OHIP to see if I could be approved for a panniculectomy...I figured I have nothing to lose by trying.

Most Active
Recent Topics