WTF Liquid Tylenol and what about this tape on my gut?

MissGlitter
on 9/12/12 8:06 am - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 I can't take codiene anyway, it does really funny stuff to my stomach.  The pain I had wasn't surgery related.  :)

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Sher1ock
on 9/11/12 9:25 pm - Canada
My best friends post op were 625mg tylenol suppositories...could not handle the thought of having to swallow anything more than the 8 kazillion sips of water, the protein shakes, the crushed multi-vitamins, etc.

They were non-prescription, but kept behind the counter at the pharmacy.

dna
on 9/12/12 5:01 am - Canada
Ouch !  Dumping from liquid Tylenol :(  I take 1/2 Perc but am seriously considering the suppositories that were previously mentioned. 

My steri strips have been slowly peeling off.  I just keep cutting off the annoying ends.  1 is completely off and I will be 2 weeks out tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon !
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

onehotmom
on 9/12/12 6:14 am
I went throught the Guelph centre and we were given regular tylenol in the hospital and told to take that for pain control post op. No liquid no crushing just take regular tylenol. I suppose since they are about the size of an m&m it should be fine.
A.    
cheeky_monkey
on 9/12/12 9:38 am - Ottawa ON, Canada

Gods I hate the taste of the liquid tylenol they gave me in the hospital!! BLEH!! The Nurse removed my incision tapes on my one week check up. They are healing fantastic.  I'm 16 day's post-op now....

Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

Mamazoune
on 9/13/12 8:21 pm - Canada
Revision on 08/01/12
Just had an appointment with the nurse practitioner at the TWGH and she told me that the surgeons are actually indicating that there is no need to crush pills or take chewables, not even after surgery at the hospital.  I was having problems with chewable vitamins- effing gross!!  So now swallowing them no problem.
Mamazoune                
NorthernStar
on 9/14/12 5:47 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I tried liquid Tylenol exactly once post-op and immediately vomited. It was awful. I didn't really need pain medication for the surgery but I had a terrible headache. I got some Tylenol 1s and crushed 'em up, much better.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics