WTF Liquid Tylenol and what about this tape on my gut?

MissGlitter
on 9/11/12 7:35 pm - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
Why the heeeellll would they prescribe me liquid Tylenol for pain when it causes dumping??  Seriously was not a fun night in my little pink bathroom and I've been in a morgue okay? 

Also, since my follow up is in 3 weeks, when can the tape come off my incisions, they can't expect it to last 3 weeks.  

Other than this, I am doing aces!  I'm managing to get my food in and my supplements with very little issue except for tonight's glorious massacre of my bathroom.

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

ShallowGirl
on 9/11/12 7:43 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
The tape can come off when it drops off, my incisions were good so I took it off after a week.

Re tylenol, I was told I could take anything smaller than an M&M and 325 tylenols are smaller than M&M`s so F*** the liquids and the crushing, IMHO. Tastes putrid at best and sounds like you had the worst.

It gets better.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Karen M.
on 9/11/12 7:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Don't take the liquid Tylenol.  Go to the pharmacy and ask for Tylenol #1, they're behind the counter.  They're small, you may be able to swallow them.  If not, cut them in thirds and take with water.

The tape (steri-strips) will come off on their own, leave them be.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 7:44 pm
 lol.. can't say I cared much for that nasty liquid tylenol for pain. I just stuck with the percocets that they prescribed me, however the taste of those things crushed is even more disgusting. Did you get prescribed something other than the liquid tylenol? I'm sorry to hear you had a horrible night from it.. I can't imagine what that would have been like.... 

As for the tape, I've no idea when you can pull it off, as no one ever told me, aside from I was meant to let it just fall off on its own. That tape sticks like nothing else though, and it didn't fall off ever.. I can't even remember when I pulled it off, but it was after the 3 week visit from what I can vaguely recall. 

Happy to hear that you are doing well, those things aside! It's great you are managing so well with getting your food & supplements in! 
MissGlitter
on 9/11/12 8:03 pm - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 Thank you ladies, really would be lost without you!  Karen, Tylenol 1 is out for me, I can't take codeine.  But Tylenol in my pill chopper will do and if I have to chew it then eff it, I'd rather that. 

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Karen M.
on 9/11/12 8:08 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Ahhh... well extra strength Tylenol is good too. Chop 'er up and drink 'er down.  Whatever works.  Best wishes xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mermaidz
on 9/12/12 7:58 am - Brampton, Canada
On September 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM Pacific Time, MissGlitter wrote:
 Thank you ladies, really would be lost without you!  Karen, Tylenol 1 is out for me, I can't take codeine.  But Tylenol in my pill chopper will do and if I have to chew it then eff it, I'd rather that. 
At a dollar store or the drug store, there are these little contraptions that allow you to cut the pills in half. Ask the pharmacist about them.

gardeninggal
on 9/11/12 1:22 pm, edited 9/11/12 1:23 pm - Midland, Canada
 Happy to see that you are in your usual *****y mode!  I asked at- the pharmacy before surgery for adult liquid tylenol (Shopper's) and they said oh if you are having surgery it will be provided...duh! wanted to be pro-active so bought some children's chewable tylenol and decided I would go that route.s (I used it once, (6 tabs) and gave the rest to my daughter for my grandson if needed.

I was given oxycodon for pain in the hospital and a prescription for home.  I used it for the first few days but was having such a miserable time with my bowels that I thought I would stop the oxy and crush ex. strength adult tylenol instead.  I took it with applesauce and down the hatch.  Am finding that everything is milk based and it is killing my bowel ( gas, bloating, pain).....but not my new 'pouch' so much.  One more week to go on the Stage 2 full fluids. Best wishes to you miss newbie.  Oh and I was told to remove the plastic bandages over the incisions after the first shower and let the steri strips fall off.  I removed the bandages and steri strips came off at the same time.  So much for that. Also told not to let the shower hit the abdomen directly for a few weeks.  However the tiny incisions are healing well and no probs there.  If I were able to turn the clock back about 30 years I might consider a bikini ......big  joke :)  Nancy

MissGlitter
on 9/11/12 9:38 pm - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 *****y or 'funky'?  I grabbed some extra strength Tylenol from my sister and blam!  I am pain free and not in the bathroom playing hand held Yahtzee.  Not a euphemism folks, don't look further into that.  
Don't joke, get yourself a beautiful pink sequined bikini and rock it.  Maybe some tassels?  Too much?   

mermaidz
on 9/12/12 8:00 am - Brampton, Canada
On September 12, 2012 at 4:38 AM Pacific Time, MissGlitter wrote:
 *****y or 'funky'?  I grabbed some extra strength Tylenol from my sister and blam!  I am pain free and not in the bathroom playing hand held Yahtzee.  Not a euphemism folks, don't look further into that.  
Don't joke, get yourself a beautiful pink sequined bikini and rock it.  Maybe some tassels?  Too much?   
lol Just remember that codeine and oxycocet can constipate you.

I must be super lucky. Other than some swelling Im painfree.

Most Active
Recent Topics