Probably another repeat about raw veggies

the44plan
on 9/13/12 4:02 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Hi all..  I am 2 months postop (9 weeks).. I looked on the search engine, but couldnt find a lot of information..
I was just wondering when you started to eat raw veggies and fruit?  I know we are all different..    I'd love to eat an apple or salad, but I am sooooooo afraid of the possible pain that I turn into a chicken and avoid new foods..  
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

tbtilalaf
on 9/13/12 9:22 am, edited 9/13/12 9:22 am
Now every person is different, but I am 8 weeks today and have already ate raw fruit , like an apple, peach, strawberries and blueberries.  In my menu from the centre it says no red meat for 6 months, and no raw veggies for 3 months.  Nothing about the fruit just to peel it (don't eat the seeds except kiwi and strawberries of course) and don't eat the skins, well i am guilty, i ate the peach and apple with skin, and no problems.  Although my pouch is VERY accepting of almost anything that I have eaten, (nope haven't tried red meat or raw veggies except shredded cucumber mixed in Plain greek yorgurt with salt to take out some bitterness very yummy by the way....Good with pita chips whole wheat just remember to measure it and don't eat from the big bowl or you will eat more than you should) so I consider myself very lucky.........so far....... If you try fruit I would take the skin off and chew good, should be ok, oh and you can also put an apple in the oven and that would defidently be ok as it will be soft and cooked YUM! (As long as you can tolerate apples....lol

PS: don't eat salads yet, wait until 3 months post op that is from my instuctions anyway.

Good luck!

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Blu-Diva
on 9/13/12 5:01 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Yeah I didn't do raw vegg till after 3 month. Good luck.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

the44plan
on 9/13/12 5:20 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12

ya, thats what I thought :(..  Thanks for the advice thou on the apple... I think Ill try it :)

Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

ShallowGirl
on 9/13/12 9:24 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
My first plum I ate at 7 weeks I thought I'd faint (light-headed, I don't know why).

Tonight I had a mandarin orange and some grapes fine.

I've eaten salad greens last week and kept them down, but I really really chewed.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 10:51 pm - Guelph, Canada
 I am through Guelph and was eating red meat and raw fruit and veggies at two months post op and I chewed and chewed...at guelphnwe are not supposed to have raw veg till three months out and red meat till six months but I handled it well and the nut was shocked but said ok as long as it was going well 
BluIzGal
on 9/14/12 5:10 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12
When I went for my one month follow up the dietician told me that once I was cleared for solids I could have raw fruits and veggies as tolerated. I have had a couple of mini carrot sticks that didn't sit too well and a couple of bites of an apple that were fine. I just find I have no room for them at two months out.

NorthernStar
on 9/14/12 5:45 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I tried raw fruits/veggies at 5 weeks. I was tolerating everything else well, including cooked veggies and I had already tried some water-packed canned fruit during the soft foot stage so I decided to jump in. It went fine.

I still steer clear of citrus fruits and anything that could be tough to digest like apple peel, but I've had lettuce, all kinds of crunchy vegetables (cucumber, carrot, red onion, peppers) and I put some blueberries in my greek yogurt every morning.

As soon as I started adding more fruit/veg to my plan I felt so much better with more energy, I think the added nutrition made a big difference.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

DangerGirl
on 9/14/12 8:15 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

I'm 4 weeks out to day and started trying out snow peas about 4 days ago - they've been fine, I just make sure that I chew them VERY thoroughly.

Most Active
Recent Topics