How long does my throat "gassy/burpy" feeling last?

jrharr
on 9/17/12 4:51 pm
RNY on 08/24/12
 Every time I try to eat anything, I feel like gas is coming up & then I burp! My food doesn't even taste the same! I'm very frustrated with some regret!!! :-(
ShallowGirl
on 9/17/12 6:23 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
So far it has lasted me 12 weeks.

I mourn my previous cast-iron stomach `Freddie`. I didn`t appreciate him until I kicked him out.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

jrharr
on 9/17/12 8:29 pm
RNY on 08/24/12
 Lol, I'm mourning many things! 12 weeks for you, wow! I hope it goes away soon for you as well :-)
Megan M.
on 9/17/12 6:38 pm - Canada
You're only a few weeks out of surgery so your pouch is especially sensitive to anything you put into it.  Just take everything slow, concentrate on your proteins, it'll all come together soon.  To this day I still rely on a burp to signal that I'd better not take another single bite!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

jrharr
on 9/17/12 8:26 pm
RNY on 08/24/12
 Thank you, I know time will heal everything, I'm just impatient & want to feel better now! 
gardeninggal
on 9/17/12 7:18 pm - Midland, Canada
Prevacid was given to me in hospital and I was advised to stay on it for 6 months.  It is prescription antacid and I sed it successfully before surgery, as needed.  Also others have suggested a health food remedy - papaya enzyme. Hope you feel better soon.

jrharr
on 9/17/12 8:25 pm
RNY on 08/24/12
 Thank you, maybe I'll try the papaya enzyme! I am also on Prevacid for 6 months but it's taken every morning, I still burp, especially by the time dinner rolls around!
tbtilalaf
on 9/17/12 7:22 pm
I am almost 2 months out and still get that...after i eat or drink anything.  I think it is because the pouch is small so there is not much room in there for food/drink and air, so out the air goes....just eat slowly and sip your drink, to lesson how much air goes in. I kind of have a feeling it won't go away anytime soon.....

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

jrharr
on 9/17/12 8:32 pm
RNY on 08/24/12
 You're right, there's not much room in there & it might not go away anytime soon! I just pray it does because it seems like its altering the taste of food! Thank you for your reply!
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 4:20 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12

The beginning is the hardest to retrain yourself with everything you put into your mouth, I notice I burp or hiccup most of the time when I have had enough...its almost like my pouch squeezing to say enough, I am almost 4 months out and am still learning alot about what and how much  of everything...it is frustrating but I really hope you'll learn to love the tool you have been given, I know I do!!

Most Active
Recent Topics