perop (dont want to take up the wall with all the questions i have sorry)

Niki L.
on 9/24/12 8:27 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
So my perop is thurs and was told it would be a few hours what do they do other than blood work ? Also i am guessing it is fasting ?

gimpymom
on 9/24/12 8:33 am
nope not fasting unless you were told to of coarse, then you have a cardiogram, chest x ray, blood work of coarse and you meet with a nurse- so take all your meds with you and medical history, and you will be meeting with the anethetist- so a very busy day and we had to wait over 5 hours to get it all done!! so bring a good book!!!
good luck!!!

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

lookinginto
on 9/24/12 9:08 am
 When I met with my anesthetist, I got him to give me some relaxant before surgery to calm the nerves. It worked well :)
Laura H.
on 9/24/12 10:07 am - Canada
 I wish I had done that.  Good thinking.

Laura H.

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 9:34 am - Canada
 actually i guess i was lucky  i never needed a chest x ray  and everything only took 2 hours to do
Leslie W.
on 9/24/12 9:42 am - Cobourg, Canada
Went through TWH and was out in less than 2 hrs. Was lucky that day not too many people. Bring a book!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 9:49 am - Straford, Canada
In addition to what others have said in previous posts,  if you have had any medical tests in the process or any tests before the process esp. those that have to do with lung or heart function the anethesiologist may want reults of those, its easier to bring a copy than have him/her seek them.  Mine had to seek a result from TGH and it alone took three hours.  

Also, if you have any crowns or veneers in your mouth they want to know which ones so they can try not to break them.  I have a bunch of crowns and had to wear a protective mouthguard to reduce the chance they would break them.  Happily I had no problems in either surgery (had my gallbladder out 2 weeks after rny).  

enjoy your ride!  
Most Active
Recent Topics