OK, so I thought I was special!

Nikkismom
on 9/27/12 1:14 pm, edited 9/27/12 1:17 pm - Toronto, Canada
 Good evening folks,
I went for my 1 month post op nutrition class and realized that I was not experiencing some of the same issues as others.I have been following the rules and eating what I am told to eat and hav e done pretty well. I was a little ****y today, and I forgot to take food with me on the run. I sell homes and had a busy day ahead.
I felt hungry and for a brief moment lost all sensibility and went through the Timmy drive through and ordered a very small, tiney weeny raisin tea biscuit. Within 2 hours, life as I'd known it, ceased and I entered the world of a major dump!
How humiliating to tell a (nurse) client that I could no longer talk because I began vomiting in the wastebasket! I could not move. I was experiencing excruciating abdominal cramps, bloating and profuse sweating. I had begun my day in a new pair of size 16 skinny jeans and thought myself looking pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself. I'd bought them a titch on the tight side so that I could "grow down to them" Aat the time of this event, I couldn't keep them zippered up and just about ripped them off IN THE OFFICE..  At the time of my rather in opportune dump, I had 2 offers on the table that were quite timely. Normally this would have me pumped as I just love my job and being busy. At this time, however, all I could think about was getting home to my bed. Couldn't answer frantic client text messages, take phone calls. I decided to make a run for it and get in my car and drive homes. Well that wasn't happening as I collapsed in the main lobby of Royal LePage and returned to my convulsive vomiting. My manager wisely came out with a wastebasket and took one arm!as another person took another and they drove me home to my wonderful bed. 
OMG!!!i probably should have gone to the ER but didn't want to be anywghere but my bed.it has taken about6 hours for me to fel human again, sort of. All from one stinking tea biscuit!
Always an upside! Took care of my constipation.
I guess I'm not slppecial after all!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
ShallowGirl
on 9/27/12 1:19 pm, edited 9/27/12 1:20 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

The good news is that if you are a dumper you will stay away from the sugars / carbs etc. which is better for you in the long run.

I must be evil, because otherwise your tale of woe was hilarious !   

Hope you feel better soon.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Nikkismom
on 9/27/12 1:27 pm - Toronto, Canada
 I agree. At the time however I cared not about the eyes on me as I wanted to tear all my clothes off I was so hot. May be the talk at the water cooler tomorrow. "What the f&@k happened to Carol yesterday?" although I am 60, perhaps they think I've been knocked up. Yes, that what I will tell them. All day morning sickness. Should return some dignity to my image.
On OH, I can claim the title of the Dumping Queen!

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
debralight
on 9/27/12 2:31 pm - Canada
I'd be telling them that you are deathly allergic to tea biscuits :)
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Karen M.
on 9/27/12 4:41 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Haaa! Yes... and sue Tim Hortons for no allergy warning on them.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ShallowGirl
on 9/27/12 3:15 pm, edited 9/27/12 3:15 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Karen M.
on 9/27/12 4:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I am SO sorry... and I am equally as sorry that your story made me laugh right out loud!  Good gawd.  Lesson learned I hope! ?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

JJ_
on 9/27/12 5:38 pm
Oh wow!  You are special....you are part of the 30% that dump.  I am glad that you have so graphically explained what can happen.

Judy
kellybelly333
on 9/27/12 8:36 pm - Toronto, Canada
Omg!! That's horrible and hilarious!! Stupid temptation!!! Did you hav butter on it? M tea biscuit. I miss those. But don'tiss being able to eat three of them!!

Well now you know/...you dump and there is no way to avoid it either!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Niki L.
on 9/27/12 10:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Oh you poor girl

Most Active
Recent Topics