Wow...Optifast starts Oct 9th

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 10/1/12 12:27 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 Well...I had every pre-op tests done.  Optifast handed over and it begins October 9th!!!  Time is starting to really fly.  It felt like I had ages and ages to get ready for all this and of course since I had ages to get ready well I did NOTHING!!!

The good news for me is that I'm allowed veggies during Opti...even with a tad of olive oil...so, I can eat soups and salads!!!  I'm no longer fearing the 2 weeks pre-op, actually looking forward to it since I've been really having a long and extended food funeral. (I know, I know.....but I had to do it!!!) 

The even better good news is that throughout this process and the 7 months of researching wls, I realized that some people with non obese bmi actually go through with wls surgery to relieve their diabetes. My husband has had diabetes for a few years and is really miserable with it.  We never thought that there was a thing he could do about it but now....wow, he may actually be able to cure it!!!  I CANNOT believe that this is not discussed more often as a course of action.  People don't even know this is possibe!!!

Anyhoo....now I only need to "keep calm and carry on" 

Nathalie

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 12:30 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Whoo Hooo for you Nathlie, Good luck as you journey begins.
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 1:01 am - Straford, Canada
 Enjoy the ride Nathalie! Opti is pretty easy, get your hubbie referred to the program asap and you can have a family race to who looks sexiest in their birthday suit!  
SleeplessinAbitibi
on 10/1/12 2:21 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 LOL Ian...i'll lmention that to him ;-)
Niki L.
on 10/1/12 1:51 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
you are going thought humber ? did not know about olive oil i am going to have to phone and ask day 1 for me really so far not too too bad

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 10/1/12 2:24 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 Not humber, I am actually having surgery in Montreal. I come to the Ontario Forum because it is so awesome and sadly the Quebec forum has zero activity on it...
time2changeme
on 10/1/12 2:45 am
That's great!  Good for you!!  It's nice to hear your allowed veggies while on opti-fast I am just allowed clear chicken broth, black tea and lots of water with mine and some days are a real struggle, I have the desire to chew something!!
Good Luck on your journey and keep us posted :-)
Most Active
Recent Topics