Day 3 on optifast

Niki L.
on 10/3/12 1:20 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
i must say it seems to be getting better i do think about food not as much as day 1 and 2 i am also a little dizzy at times and seem to have acne today and dont ever get it also still have not used the washroom i have been putting in some fiber but no luck i may have to change to a diff kind any ideas would be great ty Niki

Sirene
on 10/3/12 1:22 am - Ottawa, Canada
drink more water? you should be at 2L a day, not including the optifast

I think a bit dizzy is pretty normal. Just be careful!!

Good luck!

Jennifer  

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 1:37 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Your face maybe breaking out from all the Kleenex

I've heard that it all improves after day 3. You can totally do this.
Patm
on 10/3/12 1:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Try benefiber. I find it works pretty good.

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 2:01 am - Straford, Canada
3 Tablespoons psyllium in a glass of water to start your day, good for post op too to get you and keep you regular.  Can be bought n bulk at bulk barn.  

When it comes to dizzy, I'm blond so its a constant state for me!  
Beth1970
on 10/3/12 2:20 am - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12
I'm on day 7 and still have my dizzy moments...usually about 3 hours after the last shake.  Yesterday and today my breath has been terrible...so I'm thinking that I'm hitting ketosis.  As for the bathroom...ugh....first few days were fine, then the optitrots, now the opticlog. I'll be stopping at the drug store after work!  Good times.  But it's all going to be worth it!

Niki L.
on 10/3/12 3:20 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I MUST SAY THIS IS NO FUN AT ALL i think i am going to add a bit more benefiber to my drinks seem to be really sleepie today as well

Sirene i have been drinking a ton of water lol all i do is pee
Ian you are too funny lol
patm ty i am thinking maybe i need to add more benefiber
Heather i think you may be right as they are the ones with lotion
Beth day 7 sounds so much more fun lol

CoffeeLady1975
on 10/3/12 4:40 am - Canada
 I was told to take 2 senokot everday, because it is so constipating.

Also if the dizziness gets very pronounced use the sheet they gave you about hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) Keep a couple lifesavers with you or have 1/2 cup of juice.

Your body is very used to eating much more than this, every time you have an opti your body thinks you are going to drop tonnes more food in with it so your pancrease is spitting out tonnes of insulin for your normal food intake.  Resulting in a low blood sugar about 2 hours after you eat, have a bit of juice wait 15-30 minutes and if you don't feel better repeat.  My body started to adjust about 1.5 weeks into the opti.

Niki L.
on 10/3/12 4:51 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I will keep all that in mind as i am less dizzy right now had some green peppers and feel better

time2changeme
on 10/3/12 10:37 am
Oooh even green peppers sound good right now!!  lol
Almost at the end of my 3rd week on optifast, black tea,chicken broth and lots of water.
Some days are a real struggle watching everyone else eat is so painful somedays!! 
3 more weeks to go for me!!!
Good luck with the dizzy spells, keep up the good work Nikki :-) 
Most Active
Recent Topics