Hives i have them all over my face

ShallowGirl
on 10/6/12 10:30 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
You should be on clear fluids 24 hours before surgery at least.  And only water after midnight.

This is a terrible situation.  Maybe someone is on call for Dr. Glazer, or if you go to ER at HRRH they can get in touch with someone on the bariatric team to advise you.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Niki L.
on 10/6/12 10:49 pm, edited 10/6/12 11:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I just got off the phone with them no help at all they had no clue what i should do and Dr Starr is off till wed the hives were all over me so my plan is to say on optifast and take a antihistamine as i so am not going to mess up so close too bad i cant find out what i should do but had to make a plan as i cant be with out somethings

PatXYZ
on 10/7/12 12:57 am
It will not 'mess things up' for you to stop taking something that you are clearly allergic to. There are many people who cannot take optifast and they are put on a diet of real food that is high in protein and low in carbs, and then clear fluids for 48 hours immediately before surgery. There is no reason why you can't do this. Eat salads, cheese, meat and plenty of fluids. Limit fruit and stay away from any kind of grain. Take some benadryl. Call your centre on Tuesday and ask for an emergency call from a  dietician. The surgeon can't help you with this. Talk to a dietician on Tuesday and enjoy the long weekend. You will be fine.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
PatXYZ
on 10/7/12 1:37 am
Or perhaps NOTHING, not even water, after midnight the night before surgery? You're a nurse, right? FACEPALM
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Niki L.
on 10/9/12 6:27 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Well i just wanted to let you know i was told today to go off the optifast and give a diet to follow ty all for your help now its going to be fun trying to eat real food but just 900cal

Cuter_w_Curves
on 10/9/12 7:34 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Niki you can do it! Promise... If I am fluxing between 1200-1700 and struggling to get to the 1200 because I full sometimes... you will be surprised at how manageable it can be...

*big hugs*

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG.