Day 6 Optifast...

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 10/14/12 1:43 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
So far so good with the optifast.  I can't tell you all enough how grateful I am that I knew ahead of time (thanks to all posters here)  to:

1) Mix benefiber to my shakes
2) Add Christal lite
3) Add instant coffee

I actually enjoy the shakes.  They do leave a bit of an after taste but nothing unbearable.  I look forward to them.  I am bit hungry at time but since I get to have veggies I am able to make soup and that takes the edge off.

I did have a crazy headache yesterday and read on here that many people have experienced the same...I wonder why that is? 

Anyway, not weighing myself (I don't want to become obsessed with it and all I need to see is a few pounds gone and I'll be weighing morning noon and night) but jeans are definitely more comforatble.  yeah!!  I've done this kind of dieting before and I know I always lose weight fairly easily that way but this time I KNOW I won't be putting it back!!

Have a good Sunday everyone!!!

Nathalie

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 5:25 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Good Luck Nathalie, this post is a far cry from the one a few weeks ago when you were concerned your surgery might be delayed.

Best Wishes.
sam1am
on 10/14/12 7:15 am
 I'm so glad to hear its going pretty well for you!  The headache could be carb or caffeine withdrawals.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ShallowGirl
on 10/14/12 8:49 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
There's such a thing as a hunger headache.  Just take a tylenol.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

cloudless
on 10/14/12 10:19 am - Gatineau, QC, Canada
VSG on 10/16/12
 Good luck with the rest of your optifast diet!  I didn't mind it at all myself.  Only had the chocolate, and mixed it with double the water, but no ice.  I just preferred it that way, rather than thick shake like consistency.  It really wasn't too bad, I survived 4 weeks and lost 30 lbs.  :)

You're in the home stretch now!

Elena

Most Active
Recent Topics