I can't believe it!!!

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 10/18/12 1:51 pm - Canada
WOW, after 2 very long years of waiting, I finally got my surgery date! Nov 21 in hamilton... i was so happy when i got the call, i cried! yaay!
JJ_
on 10/18/12 5:35 pm
Congrats Nancy!  Just a month away.   Very nice early Christmas gift for yourself.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/12 7:34 pm - Straford, Canada

Monica M.
on 10/18/12 9:09 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
so happy for you!!!

starry957
on 10/18/12 9:54 pm
Congratulations Nancy! 

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 10/18/12 10:02 pm - Canada
thanks! it really sucks for those of us who live in northern Ontario.. wait times are no less then 2 years.. ive had all my tests done for a year and a half now so i hope nothing has changed!
4-Jane
on 10/18/12 11:43 pm - Canada
 Well , I am also from Thunder Bay so am really happy for you as I understand the uncertainty.  With such a beautiful new hospital I wish we had our own surgeon , Vivian said some one else has toured the hospital and is interested so I have my fingers crossed.  I was told about a year so to hear two years make my heart sink.  Please keep posting so I can gain a better understanding of the process, travel, hotel and time away from home.  Vivian said that two others had gotten dates and that was the first week of October so you have others on a chilly Northern bench with you.
 Respectfully Jane
Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 10/19/12 5:09 am - Canada
it seems like anyone who has had the surgery in the past year, have had a 2 year wait... they are hoping to cut that time down, but for the time being, it is what it is unfortunatly... many of us got very frustrated with waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting...calling the clinic there doesnt seem to help,   for some reason there were months where hamilton only took 1 patient from thunder bay.. there are more and more ppl from this region opting for this surgery, so if something isnt done, the wait will just keep getting  longer :(
Maple_Leaf
on 10/22/12 10:53 pm
Congrats!!! That is so exciting! I am also going through TBay... The waiting feels like torture. How long has it been from the time your file was sent down to Hamilton? So happy for you!!! Good luck!

Orientation - March 2011  SW, NUT, RNP - May 2011  Ultrasound - August 2011
  SW, NUT, NP  - Nov 2011    Scope - May 2012  
Surgery Date with Dr. Grantcharov at         St. Mikes - MARCH 14, 2013!!

Cuter_w_Curves
on 10/18/12 10:07 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
That's so wonderful! Congrats on getting your date!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics