making cookies

zillah
on 10/24/12 8:15 am
I have to make cookies tonight for a funeral.  I quite often have to bake for church events and have been wondering how to handle this if I am accepted for surgery.  I like to cook and bake and I receive a lot of satisfaction from it.  The downside is I cannot resist eating lots of what I have baked.  I love carbs of any kind.  One thing I have going for me is a skinny husband who has just lost all of his weight at weigh****chers.  He is on maintenance and is doing well.  His weight loss and new lifestyle will compliment mine nicely.  I am lucky that I don't have to have forbidden foods in my house for husbands and children who like them. I would not succeed at weight loss if I had to.  Freezing treats does not work for me. I can eat anything frozen.
Heidi S.
on 10/24/12 8:31 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Lot long after I had surgery I started my at Home baking Business up again and doing great .. I find wearing latex gloves I won't sample the baking ... it's all in will power as well... I would be lost without baking ... it's my hobby ... This weekend I have to do 6 dozen glow in the darl cupcakes ... a John Deere 4 layer cake.... baking for 12 loot bags ... Halloween baking for 12 boxes the look bags and Halloween boxes have about 6 different things in each not one thing repeating in either boxes ... I love love love baking ... Like I said though it's mind over matterand will power then again I never really liked to eat the baking

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

zillah
on 10/24/12 9:01 am
You sound like a busy and talented lady.  It's a good thing you don't like to eat the baking.
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/12 8:34 am, edited 10/24/12 8:34 am - Straford, Canada
 I'm referred to as the muffin man!  I bake tons of muffins for bake sales, choir rehearsals, chuch yard sales, etc.  I love the smell of them and the satisfaction of raising more money with just my product than most of the rest of the fund raisers together!  

Now I can have a half of one when I finish the first batch and the last half when I'm done the whole thing!  That's all there is to it, but I also bake for hours, so I eat my regularly scheduled meals/snacks full of protein, so the protein cuts my carb desires hugely!  

IMHO Either you're not going to eat the cookies or you're going to fail!  
zillah
on 10/24/12 8:59 am
I have to remember that I'm referring to my normal size stomach and what I am doing pre op.  Your advice makes good sense for post-op, if  I eat all of the foods first that provide good nutrition for me.  I won't have enough tummy room left for too many treats.  I live in Stratford too, maybe we will meet at Coffee Culture.  Do you come out to meet with the group?
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/12 9:08 am - Straford, Canada
 I would love to attend your coffee culture...  my Stratford is in PEI though!  But I do travel to Toronto to visit my musical theatre daughter often and we love to come back to the Shakespeare Festival (my daughter did a summer at the Shakespeare Camp three years ago)!  

I know I won't change your mind about eating cookies, but you will have plenty of room available for cookies post op.  Just like now, its your choice what you put in your tummy (yes your tummy is smaller but it can be stretched and most cookies will sit just fine post op).  WLS only helps, it won't change what you are determined to eat.  
zephie
on 10/24/12 9:20 am - Moose Factory, Canada
Aaaahhhh...PEI...now I recognize that humor...most beautiful place in the world...(next to our little Island) ...nothing like Cavendish shore at 5 am watching the sun rise in the eastern sky!!
WendySt
on 10/24/12 9:02 am - Paris, Canada
Yum! Frozen is the best! Must be in the genes.

HW 313, 61 lbs lost preop, SW 252, CW 170  143 lbs lost!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew
! 

zillah
on 10/24/12 9:26 am
Yes and don't forget about our ice-cream addiction.  I will see you tomorrow.
Most Active
Recent Topics