Beneprotein?????

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 11/1/12 8:27 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

What the hell is that stuff made from? It is VILE!!! Frankly feeding that crap to sick or elderly people in hospitals is bordering on human cruelty!!!  I'd lose the will to live it I had to eat that stuff!!!

Just thought I'd share my opinion on this....Pre-op people BEWARE...they will list it as your protein supplement...I had it once...added to yogurt...it took days...DAYS...for the taste to leave my mouth!

Just saying...

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

Lindsay A.
on 11/1/12 8:57 am - vaudreuil, Canada

Oh boy.. I had a good laugh at that one!! 

Brings back memories.. from 2 weeks ago! my hubby made me jello. 1 pkg with 6 scoops of beneprotein! IT IS THE DEVIL!! seriously not made for human consumption. i've tried it in EVERYTHING!! it truly is the devil!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/12 9:05 am - Straford, Canada

they take all the rejected protein powders out there and liquify them, then wash filthy sports socks in them, then dehydrate it and sell it to wls patients!  

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/12 11:03 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I knew there was a reason I didn't buy that stuff.

WLSoujourn
on 11/1/12 11:19 pm - Canada

Anyone know of an alternative...a non flavoured protein powder that can be mixed into soft foods and is somewhat palatable?

Kim

REFERRAL:   Sept 24/12    ORIENTATION LETTER: Nov 7/12  ORIENTATION: Dec 19/12 @ TWH   REQUEST TRANSFER  FROM TWH TO  HAMILTON:  Dec 21/12   CONFIRMATION OF TRANSFER TO HAM:  Jan 3/13  SW:  June 5/13     NUT:  June 5/13          NUT CLASS:  Aug 2013         MEET SURGEON:   Aug 2013         SURGERY DATE: Sept 20, 2013

sam1am
on 11/2/12 12:05 am

I used Biox Extreme Whey Protien Isolate natural (unflavoured).  More expensive, but a much better bang for your buck considering protein per $$.  I always mixed it in my milk, then in my coffee and really couldn't tell it was in there.  I think the trick is to spread it out a bit, for example one scoop over about .5 cup of milk over 3 coffee's.  It worked for me anyway.  Some people aren't allowed coffee, but caffeine was "as tolerated" for me.  I weaned myself down to decaf for a while, then added caffeine and have been happy to stay at half and half for 3 years now (full strength usually when I'm out), but I no longer use protein as I can get my protein in naturally.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics