Regrets.......Sadness.....

Lovinglady356
on 11/1/12 3:36 am - Canada

I am three days post op. Has anyone had remorse post-op? I am tender and sore. Or maybe I'm just a suck. How long does this tenderness last? I've been eating slowly and following the diet to a "T". Finding a comfortable spot is also a struggle...on the couch or bed.  Any thoughts on these issues?

Monica M.
on 11/1/12 3:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Totally a normal feeling. I'd be more worried if you didnt regret this, for a short period of time, anyway. Once you get back to feeling "normal", you'll be better.

Some people find sitting in a recliner is a bit easier to handle. Try propping yourself up with a bunch of pillows. Most of all, be kind to yourself.

Hugs.

Lovinglady356
on 11/1/12 3:42 am - Canada

Aww Monica,

Thank you! You are so comforting. Thanks

Hugs

Antoinette

Monica M.
on 11/1/12 3:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

You're welcome. Sometimes just knowing that what you're feeling is "normal" makes you feel better. Once i had my first "real" meal in a restaurant (some kind of soup at a chinese restaurant) i felt less like an alien, and more like a human being who could have "normal" experiences.

Eating is your full time job for now, it feels like you're either thinking about what you're going to eat, eating it (which takes forever) or planning what's next.

NorthernStar
on 11/1/12 3:51 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Keep up the good work on following the diet, I bet you will find in the next few days the soreness will really subside. I was very uncomfortable lying down the first few days (I slept in my fortress of pillows!) but by the 1 week mark I felt much better. By the 2 week mark, waaay better. The tender/sore/tight feeling will go away before you know it.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Julia P.
on 11/1/12 3:55 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you, and the tenderness does get better, I promise!  Use as many pillows as you can to find a comfortable position, and keep on doing what you're doing.  It will start to get easier very soon.

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

WLSoujourn
on 11/1/12 3:58 am - Canada

Hi Annette:

Hugs and good vibes are being sent your way!!  It makes a lot of sense to me that one would feel down after surgery,  in some ways the body is dealing with the trauma of it all...that being said, our bodies are miraculous creations and will heal and adapt.

I also feel called to say a big "Thank you" for sharing how you are feeling honestly.  As someone who is at the very beginning of the process (still waiting for that "goodness gracious" letter!!!!LOL), it is so helpful to hear what it is like after surgery.  As Monica said, just knowing that something is normal makes it so much easier to cope...you have no idea how much your sharing will help newbies like me!!!!

Blessings and hugs,   

Kim

REFERRAL:   Sept 24/12    ORIENTATION LETTER: Nov 7/12  ORIENTATION: Dec 19/12 @ TWH   REQUEST TRANSFER  FROM TWH TO  HAMILTON:  Dec 21/12   CONFIRMATION OF TRANSFER TO HAM:  Jan 3/13  SW:  June 5/13     NUT:  June 5/13          NUT CLASS:  Aug 2013         MEET SURGEON:   Aug 2013         SURGERY DATE: Sept 20, 2013

DarrenM
on 11/1/12 4:01 am - Kincardine, Canada

the first day after surgery sucked for me but its been great every day since..it gets better fast!  take care..

Highest=420lb  pre opti=382lb pre-op=360                        
LuckyEight
on 11/1/12 4:13 am - Canada

I know exactly how you are feeling.  I was surprisingly down and thought why did my weight come to this point?  Why couldn't I get a grip myself?....however give yourself a couple of weeks and you will be flying high and so glad you did it.

dna
on 11/1/12 4:23 am - Canada

I had lots of remorse.  I slept sitting propped up for 3 or 4 weeks.  I couldn't eat regular stuff, my side hurt SO BAD.

However, on the best note ever !  It does go away.  Time heals :) 

You just had major surgery, even though it doesn't look bad on the outside your insides were re-arranged and it takes a long time to heal :)

You can do it though !  one day at a time !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics