Yummy Protein drink!

tmlf959
on 11/6/12 4:29 pm - Hamilton, Canada

I don't have my surgery date yet, but I've been doing some research into protein drinks. Listening to you guys, I've learned that some taste ok and some taste awful.

My sisters boss gave her a protein drink to give me to try and it was DELICIOUS!  Its called "Natural Whey" On the pack it says that it is 100% New Zealand whey protein isolate.  This flavour was strawberry banana and certainly did NOT need doctoring up with sf syrups etc.  I found it had NO funny smell or aftertaste.

115 calories, 2 gr carbs, and 24 gr protein. 

You can order from their website www.kaizencanada.com and I also found it on www.well.ca

Have any of you tried this and did you like it as much as I did?

Terry

4-Jane
on 11/6/12 8:18 pm - Canada

Thanks Terry I will look around for it

Respectfully Jane
Monica M.
on 11/6/12 8:32 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

good to know!

gimpymom
on 11/6/12 9:22 pm

FYI  Kaizen also sells vanilla and chocolate  whey protein  at Costco and the protein is 35g per shake- they don't have the strawberry-,,,it is good to try these things pre op as sometimes a body doesn't ike it and has to get used to the concentration....I started a few months pre op with a protein shake for breakfast a few times a week to get used to it....

Also post op the chocolate does not taste as good to medevil so have just stuck with the vanilla

Good luck on your journey!1

Johannaenlightened

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Nathalie_Can
on 11/6/12 11:50 pm

If I may ask...how much sugar? and where do you buy it?

Thanks,

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

tmlf959
on 11/7/12 1:04 am - Hamilton, Canada

Natalie, it has 1 gr of sugar.  You can buy it at some health food stores or from their website at www.kaizencanada.com or www.well.ca.  and gimpymom says they are also available at Costco thanks gimpymom! 

PaulaToronto
on 11/7/12 9:07 am - Toronto, Canada

Inter Active Absolute Isolate Protein is also 100% New Zealand and comes in an unflavoured flavour as well as chocolate and maybe other flavours.  I found a small bottle at Winners and really like it with a bit of fruit and complimentary SF syrup or plain cocoa..  I have just ordered it from the Village Pharmacy in Mississauga but it is also available online.  Not over sweet no aftertaste or smell.  My fav powdered isolate whey protein.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics