Puree Textured diet :(

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 11/7/12 7:54 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

This is the worst stage I've been through so far!!! I'm eating such a sad looking meal right now.  I don't know how I'll last 3 weeks!!! Did you all have to do 3 weeks on it? 

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

Niki L.
on 11/7/12 8:20 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
It is no fun at all 2 weeks than 1 week of blended foods (babyfood) at 3 1/2 weeks post op still eat alot of what i did as i have added some new foods in like crackers and cheese and meats i made alot of soups and put them in the blender and they went down well even with meat in them and my go to food was cream of wheat with mashed banana hope it goes by fast for you

dna
on 11/7/12 8:27 am - Canada

I really disliked this stage too.  I drank alot of protein shakes and ate oatmeal with protein powder in it. 

I really just skipped to soft foods and chewed it to the consistency of applesauce :)

Blended soups are your friend !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Beth1970
on 11/7/12 9:23 am - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12

I just moved from full fluids to soft food. The Guelph dietician I met with last week said that they don't have us do pureed anymore.  Other than taking forever to eat, I haven't had any problem with the transition.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/12 9:28 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

At HRRH pureed foods is only a week and then a week of minced foods and thats it.

Karine
on 11/7/12 9:46 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
I had a few weeks on it but loved it! I sometimes go back to puree if a day is harder fir me to eat

Sorry you are having trouble!!

What do you eat maybe we could help by giving you some tricks or receipes

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 11/7/12 9:59 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

I just started this week.  I think I'm going to make veggie and chicken soup and blend it.  I like an scrambled egg with cheese...that is my saving grace.  I found a new protein shake...I think if I have one of those per day, plus 2 snacks of greek yogurt and soups on lunch and dinners I'll make my protein goal.  I tried tuna with mayo...it's ok but I can't get through a full portion...I just can't blend meat and gravy...my stomach doesn't do well on it and I find it gross!!  Dog food! I don't know if i'll ever eat solid meat again!! lol

Any suggestions is more than welcomed.  Tomorrow I might try ricotta and marinara sauce...i was so excited to get off full fluids but this puree'd business is harder than I thought!!  There's no eating on the go with it either, I'll just be happy when it is DONE!

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

Karine
on 11/7/12 10:12 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
Well I use to love a few things so here they are:

Eggs with mayo

Tuna with mayo

White fish cooked with onions, cilantro and salt pepper in aluminium foil in oven then blended with some milk

Chicken with mayo and relish. The relish made all the difference

I had some protein chicken broth ordered from unjury hummmm delicious and life saving

My synthrax juice

Greek yogourt

Pureed veggies plain ( but hey I said it, I loved pureed stage)

Cottage cheese with small curdles or just blended lightly

It was the summer so I would puree my meet and veggies cooked on the barbecue.... Delicious!!!!

If I think of more I'll come back

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

ShallowGirl
on 11/7/12 10:57 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

You can eat whatever you can tolerate, so you can advance yourself to soft food if you want.  

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/7/12 11:18 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Please don't tell someone just over 2 weeks out to advance them self to soft food if they want.

*face palm*

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics