Too cold for biking

Patm
on 11/6/12 11:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

So I mentioned before I am wearing a heart monitor. I decided I needed to stress my heart so I would bike home from work yesterday. I must have been out of my mind. It is 10km. My hands, feet and ears were frozen. I stopped a couple of kms short of home and bought a coffee and a hat. I actually phoned my husband to come get me but he didn't pick up the phone. So back onto my bike I went.

It would appear this did stress my heart. The monitor started beeping so I had to phone in the results. I spent the evening cleaning and putting my kitchen back together. We have been painting. Well it seems this kept my heart in stress and out of rhythm. So three hours later I had to phone it in again because the memory was full. 

I was going to go swimming today but I am just too tired. I keep telling myself this is just an excuse and to get my butt in gear. I bought my suit to work so maybe by lunch I will talk myself into it.

I figure if I have this monitor I need to stress myself so they actually get data. Well I have a couple of hours to decide .

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/6/12 11:18 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Pat... Please... PLEASE... be careful!

I get what you are trying to do... But it would REALLY suck if you did damage to your heart because you didn't listen to your body.

Sounds like your body is asking you to be a bit more gentle for a few hours yet.

If by swimming you mean laps... I wouldn't.

If by swimming you mean leisurely floating in a warm pool and letting your body relax... Just for today... That I would say might be good.

CRIPES! I sound like I am trying to talk you out of exercising... I'm not. I just worry that you might be "pushing it" to give them data when they will be able to get a fair amount of what you already did yesterday.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Patm
on 11/6/12 11:20 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might be right. I am just worried I will use it as an excuse to not exercise. I am always watching to make sure I do not back slide.

kellybelly333
on 11/7/12 12:22 am - Toronto, Canada

Pat!! I totally understand. When they told me that I had to have a certain sugar level before I could exercise, I was devastated. Because I didn't want that excuse. You might have to find an exercise that works better for your heart. For me, spinning does the best for me. I don't know why. Doing weights is harder, so I have to be careful. Running, I have to bring along G2 which works....for me (again totally different situations, but getting to know your body may take some time....and that is the most important part!!)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/7/12 1:32 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

There is a difference between not exercising, and taking it easy with light exercise.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Karen M.
on 11/6/12 11:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Pat, you do NOT need to stress your heart to get results.  Please... PLEASE take it easy. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics