Should I be worried?

tmlf959
on 11/9/12 4:49 pm - Hamilton, Canada

Got a call yesterday and the internal medicine doctor wants to see me again within the next 2 to 3 weeks.  Saw her last month and everything was fine, but I've had a couple tests since then and now she wants to see me again.  Is this unusual that you see the internal medicine doctor more than once?  I was under the impression that you saw them all once and moved on to the next step towards seeing the surgeon and booking your surgery.  I'm worried that she is going to cancel my surgery for some reason.  Should I be worried?  Thanks, Terry

2mar
on 11/9/12 5:10 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

It is normal that you think about it - but is is not wonderful that they are doing their job so well. Maybe she just wants to review some results from the tests they did. 

I would try to put it aside for now - they will always do what they need to do to get you totally ready for the surgery.  I do not see a reason why they would cancel your surgery.

Hang in and take care

:)

Mar

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 7:01 pm, edited 11/9/12 7:01 pm - Straford, Canada

They're likely to meet with you if there's nothing to talk about, a kin of "off you go" and if there is something to talk about "you need...".  Either case its all good or good to know.  

JJ_
on 11/9/12 7:39 pm

Is your surgery already scheduled?  If anything, your progress towards surgery will be delayed if there is something that is not positive in your test results that needs to be addressed pre-surgery. 

Relax!

Judy

Laurie C.
on 11/9/12 9:35 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I had to see the internist twice, the first time to go over my history and meds and the second time to give me the okay for surgery after my stress MIBI.  It was all good.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

ShallowGirl
on 11/9/12 9:38 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

What tests did you have in between appointment one and what s/he called you back for?

"discussing your results"  is a time honoured way to increase doctor billing, so don't stress.

I was called in to discuss my negative sleep apnea test (!)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

chipmunk_roasting
on 11/9/12 11:25 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada

No, it's not unusual -- as you've had tests since you met her last month, she now wants to review the results of those with you.

I had my first appointment with the internist here in Ottawa on May 12, 2012 and my third, and final, last week, on November 7.

In between I had five heart tests, up to and including an angiogram at the Ottawa Heart Institute (potential heart issues, I've now been cleared of cardiac issues for WLS).  Between my first and second appointments with the internist I also had an abdominal ultrasound and had issues as a Type II diabetic with my blood glucose levels.   At my age, 63, they want me to have a good outcome from surgery.  (They want good results at *any* age, I'm just saying they check it all.)

Short answer?  No, don't be worried about having your surgery canceled.  If there are delays stemming from test results,  it will work to getting you in the best health possible for surgery.

Marilyn

aka mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

tmlf959
on 11/10/12 12:38 am - Hamilton, Canada

No I don't have a surgery date yet.  The tests I had done were the endoscopy, colonoscopy and the heart stress test where they inject you with the radioactive dye and then take pics of your heart.  Terry

ShallowGirl
on 11/10/12 3:25 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

After endoscopy or colonoscopy if no one said the words "we took some tissue samples for biopsy" then you are fine.

Re heart test there's a whole lot of not too serious things it could be since there are a lot of moving parts in the heart. (4 valves etc).  Did they ask you to come in this week or next, or in a month?  The further away the better.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics