Skin very sensitive

irobot
on 11/20/12 12:16 pm, edited 11/20/12 12:18 pm - Canada

I had surgery two weeks ago and my stomach is so sensitive I can't put anything across it. I have a really hard time wearing a shirt and even the bed covers are driving me insane with the sensitivity.  Is this normal?  Anyone else with this experience?

P_Floyd
on 11/20/12 12:37 pm - Canada

If it's like mine, I would say it's nerve damage from the operation and the nerves are healing so you get a strange feeling. A light brushing across my stomach was quite painful while actually touching it was not nearly as bad. I'm back to normal now but it takes some time. Not a pleasant feeling at all. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

happypants
on 11/20/12 9:28 pm - Ottawa, Canada

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. When they did your surgery they cut through nerves, skin, mussel etc and damaged them. The sensation you are feeling will get betting in time. Try taking Tylenol as directed on the bottle, this will help with some of the pain/sensation you are experiencing, or at lest lessen the sensation somewhat.

Please try not to worry about it though. I just had abdominal surgery unrelated to wls and I am again experiencing the same tenderness your are feeling, it gets getter.

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

irobot
on 11/21/12 5:41 am - Canada

Thanks all!

Most Active
Recent Topics