Gaining weight...freaking out. Help!

giggles2laugh
on 12/13/12 4:48 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thank you!! :)

JennR
on 12/12/12 8:54 am
Get back to basics. Protein first, drink your water and food journalling. Pretend it is December 2008 and you are a fresh post-op. No candy allowed!

giggles2laugh
on 12/12/12 8:56 am - Ottawa, Canada

LOL no candy! Got it! You're right!
I know I can do this....I dont know what my problem is...I guess I just got too comfortable...
Sigh. frustrated.

Mrs_Stimpy
on 12/12/12 9:17 am
RNY on 12/20/12

I didn't eat that stuff for a long time and slowly started trying things and fell back into old habits.
I've had a lot of stress this year and I think i went back to using food for coping which is never good.
I think I also got it in my head that Id be having plastic surgery within the next year and that it would get removed....stupid though, I know...it wasn't something I was conscious of until I started to gain the weight..

I hate all water lol. I just gotta force myself and be more aware of it.

Blah! It never ends! lol

giggles2laugh
on 12/12/12 9:22 am - Ottawa, Canada

Why does my last post (ending in "Blah! It never ends") say it was written by Mrs Stimpy?!?! lol

JennR
on 12/12/12 9:31 am
That's whose been eating the candy!

giggles2laugh
on 12/12/12 9:32 am - Ottawa, Canada

hahaahahahhaa

ShallowGirl
on 12/12/12 11:45 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Water is over-rated in my opinion.  Too much can give you headaches, and it flushes out your B & C, and you need B's to stay calm.

That said, concentrate on what you are doing well, and give up candy like you are giving up smoking.  

Go back to the 10 g sugar or less per serving rule.  It took me 5 weeks, but each day was a little better.

You may want to eliminate anything that's more than 10% of your daily fat allowance too.  

And walk.

If God gave you a choice "you can be thin or you can have candy" which would you chose?

No-one gets everything in this life.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

JJ_
on 12/12/12 12:29 pm

You can do it!  You have awareness of what your issues are.  Pick one to work on tomorrow.  Write it down. 

'For today I will drink X amount of fluids'.   Even if you need to set interim goals - 1 litre, 1.5 litres, 2 litres.  Sometimes it is good to have a plan - drink 2 cups - 500 ml before breakfast.   Drink 2 cups - 500 ml between breakfast and lunch.  Same between lunch and dinner and 2 more cups before bedtime (that equals  8 cups or 2 litres).

Set reminders or alarms on your phone to remind you to sip or whatever it is you need a reminder for.  I use the calendar function and set meetings with myself as a reminder to take my mid-morning vitamins.  That is my hardest to remember action. 

Good luck.

Judy

ToNewBeginnings
on 12/12/12 10:19 pm, edited 12/12/12 10:19 pm

I find that when I'm in a similar situation I eat very high protein foods. I cut out all the 'white stuff' - bread especially (my downfall) and eat basic foods. - cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, plain oatmeal , greek yogurt, beans, edamame salmon,  tuna, shrimp, one fruit a day and I try for 5-6 servings of vegetables. 

So  back to the basics. It does help curb the cravings and get me back in control.

Giving yourself a 5 pound limit might help? I would also suggest weighing yourself once a week.

Forget the idea of a  'diet' I don't think that's the route to go.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics