Well I saw the surgeon.....

tmlf959
on 12/18/12 3:53 am - Hamilton, Canada

Well...not such good news.  Dr Gmora didn't sign my surgery papers for ANY surgery.  He says my case is very complicated and not sure it is safe to do it.  I have something called ( I know you're gonna laugh, but its real lol)  "Nut Cracker Esophogus". Nutcracker esophagus is a disorder of the movement of the esophagus. Abnormal pressure occurs during the rhythmic contractions that occur when the esophagus transports food to the stomach (called peristalsis) I often cough and choke when eating and have difficulty in swallowing.  I've had to have the Heimlich Manoever done on me twice.  Once was last year at Christmas dinner where my brother had to give me 22 Heimlichs before the food moved and I could breath again.  Dr Gmora feels this could cause a rare and severe problem where I won't be able to eat at all.  He is taking my case to the committee of doctors and will see what they have to say.  Needless to say, I'm very upset and disappointed, but will keep my fingers crossed that they could possibly come up with a solution.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/18/12 4:14 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

*big and very gentle hugs*

I hope they find a solution that is safe and effective for you...

And Nutcracker Esophagus sounds kinda scary but... If you google Nutcracker esophagus and WLS you will see a number of OH posts from those who have it and has RNY's or even bands removed and revised to a RNY.

So fingers crossed for you my dear!

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Monica M.
on 12/18/12 4:41 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

aww, sweetie.. big hugs. That must be so difficult to live with. I hope that they can do something for you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/12 4:45 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I have nutcracker esophageal spasms.  I don't have the motility problem though, just the intense pain when the spasm****  When they thought it might be motility they put me on domperidone and once we realized it wasn't motility issues, they put me on Buscopan as needed.  I hope they can figure out a way to help you get surgery.

Dreamalittledream
on 12/18/12 4:52 am - Canada

How disappointing...to get this far and now this?  Something has to be rethought about the process; perhaps high risk see a surgeon first to decide of it's even worth it to go though the entire (long) process?

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

Patm
on 12/18/12 5:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hope they figure something out for you.

Janet13
on 12/18/12 5:36 am - Toronto, Canada

Hugs hun,  hope they can figure something out for you.

"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Nanato2
on 12/18/12 6:30 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

So sorry but maybe they will find a solution.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/12 6:44 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
I hope the team is able to come up with some suggestions for you.

*hugs*
time2changeme
on 12/18/12 7:01 am

Big Hugs!! So sorry to hear your news, I will keep you in my prayers and hope they come up

with something for you.  It's good to know they are concerned about your safety though and want the

best for you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics