Hotels near hrrh

Tania S.
on 12/27/12 9:54 am - Owen sound, Canada
RNY on 01/16/13

I have my surgery on January 16.....has anybody stayed in any hotels near hrrh....if so can you recommend one...thanks

You maybe only one person in the world, but to one person you are the world.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/27/12 9:57 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Travelodge and Comfort Inn on Norfinch are both clean, and the staff is good. Not sure about Comfort Inn but Travelodge has a hospital rate.

Comfort Inn is laid out more of a sprawling ground floor with plenty of outside access. Travelodge is more of a multi-story hotel style.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Nathalie_Can
on 12/27/12 12:25 pm

I stayed at Comfort Inn, they are the only one (back then...lol) that have "hospital rate" which was about 10/night cheaper...+ if you can manage the walk, which is about 1km both ways, you save on parking fees at the hospital.

It's coming soon :). You must be excited

all the est,

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

only_angel
on 12/27/12 12:32 pm, edited 12/27/12 12:33 pm - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
RNY on 01/11/13
I have stayed at all three off the hotels on Norfinch drive. First I tried the Comfort Inn. The staff was very nice but they wouldn't allow early check in so I had to switch. Next was the travelodge which was nice at first but the guy on night duty at the front desk is an ass. I now stay at the holiday inn express which has extreamly awesome staff and really nice rooms the hospital rate there isn't much different than their normal rate but after the horrible experiences I had at the travelodge its worth the extra money.

Jessica D.
on 12/27/12 8:54 pm - Canada

I stayed at the Travel Lodge twice. I liked it because it is the only one with pool and hot tub which helped me relax a little the night before surgery. They have all newly renovated rooms that are gorgeous. It is $99 a night if you tell them you are having a procedure at Humber.

wants2Bfitagain
on 12/27/12 10:16 pm

I booked my hotel on priceline and got the comfort inn for $70 a night just over a month ago. Do not walk  at night its pretty scary down there at night time and it is too far after surgery.

Referral-April 20th  Orientation- June 12th Windsor
NP- July 23, Nut Class Aug 7th SW Aug 9th DR Aug 14th
2nd NUT & SW Sept 27th
Surgery Nov 6th Dr. Hagen HRRH

Most Active
Recent Topics