6 weeks post op..how much are or where you eating

anewstart
on 12/31/12 6:39 am - Canada
Ok....having a panic attack and need some support. I am 6 weeks post op. I have had absolutly no trouble with my pouch. I think its a "wonder" pouch. No dumping no over eating had foamies once. Down 32lbs
I have started my 6 week to life faze in diet.
I am currently able to eat 3/4 cup to just about 1 cup of food. Example of a meal 2.5 oz protien 1/4 cup spaghetti squash.

So here is my problem/panic am i eating to much (i eat until im comfortable never over eat). I Have suddenly got into this mental mind frame that i am eating to much and will not lose weight sucessfully.
Just wondering what others have delt with or are dealing with. Looking for some support and advice. To hopefully get me out of this head game slump.
Thanks
Julie E.
on 12/31/12 6:50 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 12/06/12
I had my surgery December 6th, and I am not near getting that much in. For breakfast I had 1 melba toast with low fat cream cheese and I am now just about to eat maybe an oz of fish. So I am feeling the opposite of you. I feel I am not nearly getting in what I should be.

This is a learning game, all I can do is take it one day at a time. I have my first post op meeting with the nurse and nut on Wednesday. Will see what they have to say.

Julie

Cheers to the new you                   heartJulie

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/12 6:54 am - Straford, Canada

panic is not uncommon.  Are you tracking your intake with a program?  What is making you think you're eating too much?  If you are following the rules laid out by your center, taking in the recommended water, vitamins/supplements, not drinking while eating... did I miss much?  I would say relax, go over the documents that tell you how and what to eat and enjoy the ride.  

Have a grand 2013 with your new pouch!  Have you named her/him yet?  Wonder pouch sounds good to me.  kiss

anewstart
on 12/31/12 7:25 am - Canada
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the reply....whats got me worried is reading everyone else post how much they are in taking. 1/4c 1/2cup. Im scared i will over stretch my pouch :s
As for your questions YES to all...vitamins check, water check. Slowly adding what my book says check. Protien intake 60-65g from food and milk. I just tend to hit up on the big protiens. With shake about 90g a day.
(deactivated member)
on 12/31/12 8:41 am - Straford, Canada

I can't say for sure but I do know we're all different.  At your point I was eating primarily protein with little room for anything else.  But I had my gallbladder out two weeks after my rny and that really sent me for a loop!  I couldn't eat for the pain for two weeks afterwards.  

Like Dee says below if you're measuring and following the rules I would relax.  I know that comparing myself to a post or two from people I don't know, whose medical and weight loss problems is folly for sure.  I would stop reading this forum if its freaking you out. If you're following the rules and losing, relax.  Have a grand New Year!  kiss

anewstart
on 12/31/12 7:27 am - Canada
Thanks Julie....not gonna lie its reading posts such as yours that has me thinking. Makes me think im doing something wrong. That i should be where u are :s
Best of luck with ur appointment
Julie E.
on 12/31/12 8:23 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 12/06/12
Don't go by mine because I know that I am not getting anywhere near the amount I should. I try to eat more but it seems to back up. This is probably why I have no energy.

Julie

Cheers to the new you                   heartJulie

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/12 7:47 am - Guelph, Canada

I honestly can't remember what I was eating at 6 weeks out BUT weigh and measure EVERYTHING no eye ballin! ... Follow your centers rules.... I remember thinking I was eating too much too...I still have those thoughts... Some days I feel like I'm eating like a horse and other days I will only be able to eat like a bird because nothing will sit right.... I have a wonder pouch too..... Some days I wonder WTH it's thinking! 

anewstart
on 12/31/12 9:54 pm - Canada
Dee that was funny wonder pouch...wonder what its doing lol...i definatly measure and weigh everything. I am writing everything down as well. Thanks for your reply
wants2Bfitagain
on 12/31/12 8:13 am
I am 7 weeks and i eat about 500 cals a day and usually 1/2 cup to maybe a bit more at a meal total breakfast is always 1 egg or 1/2 cup yogurt lunch is 1/4 meat with 1/4 veg or potatoe sometimes a bit more meat less veg potatoe depending on meal but i find if i eat to fast i screw up all my meal and dont eat i am never hungry and have not dumped on anything either i struggle to get all my water in but try
My sheets say 1/2 cup per meal still

Referral-April 20th  Orientation- June 12th Windsor
NP- July 23, Nut Class Aug 7th SW Aug 9th DR Aug 14th
2nd NUT & SW Sept 27th
Surgery Nov 6th Dr. Hagen HRRH

Most Active
Recent Topics