Another "what can I expect" question

smarkone
on 1/6/13 9:11 am

I have had my orientation, seen the the surgeon, Nurse practitioner, dietician, and social worker, I have an appt. to see Dr Gazer at the end of the month, what can I expect at this appointment? Am I truly getting close to getting a date? I also had a tone of blood work done.

2mar
on 1/6/13 9:16 am
RNY on 09/20/12
smarkone
on 1/6/13 9:20 am

I just go goose bumps reading your reply, it seems so surreal at times, but then you said "you are getting closer" it makes it REAL. Thanks. I kinda needed that.

orcoco
on 1/6/13 9:32 am

I think you are getting close!  I saw Dr. Glazier two and a half weeks before my surgery.  The appt was simple for me.  He did an ECG, asked me a couple questions and that was it.  I think I spent  a total of about 10 minutes with him.

Good Luck! :)

Referral to Humber April 1, 2012     Orientation September 4, 2012     Meet Surgeon October 5, 2012      SW, Dietician, Nurse November 16, 2012     Dr Glazier Nov 22, 2012  Start Optifast Nov 23, 2012   Pre-Op Nov 27, 2012  Surgery December 14 with Dr. Starr

smarkone
on 1/6/13 9:41 am

You guys rock!! this entire forum rocks, thanks for all the input I really appreciate it.

Pez
on 1/6/13 9:54 am - Oshawa, Canada

I saw Dr.G the same day as my PATTS so no EKG for me since they did one at the hospital, but it is a super quick appointment and since I already had a surgery date before I got to him it seemed like more of a formality then anything but I also didn't have a lot of health issues other than asthma.

smarkone
on 1/6/13 10:05 am

Pez thanks for your reply, I have another question, when Im done seeing Dr. G do i just leave and go home or should I go downstairs to the clinic and tell them I have seen him, im so scared I will get lost in the system again. will the clinic call me with a surgery date or will they call me with another appointment with the surgeon and he will tell me then the date. WoW sorry so many questions.

Pez
on 1/6/13 10:56 am - Oshawa, Canada

I only had to see the surgeon once and that was in September and was given my date at that time as I had been given approval from the nurse, social worker, and dietician.  So I am not sure how it would work.  I know Dr.G does send off a report but why wait for that lol.  I agree let them know.  My surgeon was not located in Humber, I saw Dr.Starr at his office so in my case I would have called them if I didn't have a date.

I think it is always best to stay on top of things they are so busy and it is easy to get lost.

Nicole K.
on 1/6/13 10:31 am - Canada
RNY on 02/11/13

I too already have my surgery date and opti fast sitting downstairs waiting for the 5th of feb :) I don't see dr glazer till feb 12---my surgery is already set for the 19th of feb at noon---so if I were u once u r done seeing him go downstairs to the clinic---let them know and they will probably tell u to go to the surgeons office to pick up your opti fast and get a date :)

Orientation in Kingston: Sep 6/2012, RN Sept Sept 27/12 NUT Oct 12/12, SW Oct 12/12, ECG Oct 12/12, Abd US Oct 31/13, Post -Op Nut Class Dec 12/12, Meet with Surgeon Jan 2/13, PATTS and Dr Glazier Jan 24/13 SURGERY Feb 11th/12!!!!!

mermaidz
on 1/6/13 10:44 pm - Brampton, Canada

When you get your date, if you can, MedicalMart in Mississauga has the Optifast you are going to be living on. It is way cheaper to buy it there then from the surgeon's office

(You need a presciption so maybe ask Glazer for one )

Soon.... patience grasshopper,,,, patience

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics