Frozen meals?

Patm
on 1/16/13 4:51 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Chili is another great thing to freeze. If you have a fridge at work. Canned tuna or salmon with light mayo is great . Many like roll ups. The prepackaged tend to have a lot of sodium. I tend to bloat up with them. Check out the what are you eating doing today thread everyday. I find lots of inspiration there.

mermaidz
on 1/16/13 5:28 am - Brampton, Canada

I make recipes from the OntarioRecipes forums and then freeze them individually. They heat up great like the Parmesan Cheese meatloaf

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

NorthernStar
on 1/16/13 8:01 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Lots of good ideas here, thanks for the responses everyone.

I figured there wouldn't be any good frozen meals to go with. I just really hate batch cooking and reheating leftovers. I'm whiny, I know. I already make a big meal on Sundays and heat it all through the week for dinner. I'd love to have something I could just grab and go with no extra time in the kitchen on the weekend.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Ottawa34
on 1/16/13 8:58 am - Ottawa, Canada

I batch cook as well, but usually after 2 meals of the same stuff I get bored.  I use frozen dinners every once in a while for something quick and if I have no ideas for meals..  I like the Weigh****cher meals.

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/13 9:16 am - Guelph, Canada

I will freeze chili in portion size containers... Pea soup.... Chicken Quesadillas....pizza made on a wrap ...zucchini lasagna ....on my days off I will cook and freeze lunches and meals for the family so when I get called into work I can warm it in the crock pot during the day ...and my lunches go into my lunch bag frozen and they defrost during the day 

JJ_
on 1/16/13 12:26 pm

Another idea is to buy a hot chicken from the store along with the St. Hubert gravy.  Parcel out the chicken into containers and put some gravy over it.  I freeze the lot then I take a container for lunch with whatever veggies I have prepared.   I will also cook other meat or have frozen meatballs ready with sauce to add in the morning.  For veggies, I will cook up squash or cauliflower and then ma**** and put it in containers.  It freezes too.  I will also prepare a salad for the week and take a container along with the salad dressing for lunch.

I will prepare my lunch the night before while I am waiting for food to cook.  Then the bag is ready in the fridge for the morning.  I grab my protein shake along with the lunch bag and I am out the door.

I am saving so much $$ and time doing it this way.

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics