Metamucil Malfunction I think

kerlanny
on 1/17/13 11:48 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

I think I made a mistake.  I am on day 10 of optifast and was having cramps and felt crappy yesterday and asked for some advice.  It was susggested to take benefibre or metamucil.  Istopped by WalMart and they had neither. Apparently a manufacturer shortage.  They gave me WalMarts version and it wasorange flavored.  I have never purchased or taken this before so never thought anything of it. 

I took almost three doses worth.  My worry is that I just read somewhere about taking sugarfree metamucil.  I got worried and read the label and it doesnt say sugar free.  In fact it has 45 cal per dose and 9 g of sugar.   How is this going to affect me for my surgery prep with all that sugar?  I do need to take opti for 21 days.  But am concerned.

Do you think 27 g of sugar and an extra 135 calories will make much of a difference?  I am probably over thinking things.  I do that all the time, I just want this surgery and begin a healthier life without any delay...

Thanks In Advance

Carol Ann

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

mermaidz
on 1/17/13 12:01 pm - Brampton, Canada

Well the horse is out of the barn now so honestly I wouldn't fret over it.

It's going to be long gone out of your system within the next..hmm... 24 hours?

Just drink lots of water and maybe go check with Shoppers to see if they have some Milk of Mag if you're bunged up

Good luck

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

JJ_
on 1/17/13 3:53 pm

Being on Optifast is to put your body in a state of ketosis (since it is low carb).  However, ingesting that much sugar will knock it out of this state, but by no longer consuming it, you should be fine.  I took Metamucil capsules which were SF and easy to swallow.

Judy

Monica M.
on 1/17/13 9:33 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

No use worrying about it now. People have done worse, and still been ok on the Optifast.

Be more vigilant next time. Take some MOM and get things moving.

Most Active
Recent Topics