Upon discharge from HRRH....

2by4
on 1/19/13 1:22 am

I must admit, I'm a little bit of a worry wart and a control freak.... but, I do like to have things as organized as possible.  Sooo... I'm just wondering what the logistics are upon getting discharged from HRRH?  I have by-pass there in a couple of weeks.

1. I can't get picked up until late afternoon.  Does this pose a problem with the hospital staff?
  2. What prescriptions does Dr. Hagen write out for you?
  3. Do the prescriptions get faxed to the on-site pharmacy and you can simply pick them up on your way to the car?
  4. Do they have wireless (WiFi) in the hospital rooms?  Can I bring a device with me? 
  5. Do they allow patients to use their cell phones?

Are there any other good, practical suggestions I need to know?

Thank you kindly!

orcoco
on 1/19/13 1:41 am

I was discharged at 10am...not sure if that is the regular.  I do think that discharge time is in the morning though.

Dr. Glazier is the one who wrote the prescriptions for me.  They were already at my bedside when I arrived in my room after surgery.  You can have someone go and pick them up for you early so you have them at discharge.  The prescriptions he wrote were for the prevacid and tinazaparin. (blood thinner)  You'll have another doctor in the hospital that will write you a prescription for a pain med upon release if you need one.  I had one wrote out for me, but I didn't need it.  The doctor I had gave me that at discharge.  Not sure if they will fax it for you, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if that's what you want.

They didn't have wifi, but they are cell phone friendly.  You can use your cell phone n your room no problem!

Hope that helps!

Referral to Humber April 1, 2012     Orientation September 4, 2012     Meet Surgeon October 5, 2012      SW, Dietician, Nurse November 16, 2012     Dr Glazier Nov 22, 2012  Start Optifast Nov 23, 2012   Pre-Op Nov 27, 2012  Surgery December 14 with Dr. Starr

kim_emma02
on 1/19/13 2:18 am - Ontario, Canada

I will be having surgery there in a couple of weeks too (Finch Site)!  What date is your surgery? 

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

gimpymom
on 1/19/13 3:06 am

tell them to unplug your hospital phone as you will be charged for it- I only use d my cell phone- when my bill came I was charged for the phone - I called them and they reversed the phone charges

I was to be discharged noonish-1 pm- I don't think it will be a big deal if you have to wait a bit longer....

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Laura H.
on 1/19/13 3:50 am - Canada

I didn't get picked up until 7 pm at night and all was good.  Dr. Glazier wrote my prescriptions and I asked that they get faxed to the pharmacy in the building where the bariatric clinic is.  A nurse was good enough to go pick up my prescriptions as they wouldn't let me walk over there alone.  It closed before my daughter could get there to pick me up.  I used my cell phone and told them I didn't want my phone in my room.  Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery!

Laura H.

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/13 5:23 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
  1. I can't get picked up until late afternoon. Does this pose a problem with the hospital staff? I think they usually discharge by 10 am, I think I saw a sign, but I am sure you can hang out there.
  2. What prescriptions does Dr. Hagen write out for you? I think it is Dr. Glazer who leaves the scripts for you. The blood thinner and  instructions for what vitamins and supplements you are to take. 
  3. Do the prescriptions get faxed to the on-site pharmacy and you can simply pick them up on your way to the car? No It is a handwritten script and you take it to the pharmacy if they are open, or you can go to the local Shopper Drug mart just along the road. 
  4. Do they have wireless (WiFi) in the hospital rooms? Can I bring a device with me? No WiFi
  5. Do they allow patients to use their cell phones? I didn't have one but my roomie did and she used hers.

Deb

Nevergiveup28
on 1/19/13 5:56 am

Are the prescriptions given in a liquid form? I called today as I am going in on Feb7 and they told me no wifi but I could use my cell. Cable TV available as per prices on their web site.

2by4
on 1/19/13 7:23 am

Are we sent home with any pain meds?

Most Active
Recent Topics