Pre-surgical class

mona8
on 1/25/13 10:29 am - Kingston, Canada

Arrived home this evening to find a letter from the Kingston Bariatric Clinic........I've been booked for my pre-surgery class on Feb 6!!!!!!!   OMG, this is actually going to happen.    During the past week I've been wearing winter clothing that I haven't pulled out of my closet in years....sounds odd, but I know that none of my winter clothes will be fit me next winter! 

On another note, my sister ( who is also overweight ) informed me last weekend that she started a diet as soon as she heard that my date was getting close as she " doesn't want to be the fattest person in the family ".  I think the hardest thing for me as I move through this process is hearing the often hurtful things that people have thought of my appearance for....well, for my entire adult life.

Michellevata
on 1/25/13 1:43 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/22/13

Hi Mona,

That is awesome that you have a date set!  I am so happy for you!  Isn't it odd to know that when you look at your clothes that you know soon it will be the last time your in them, moving to smaller and smaller outfits as each day passes.  

Funny your sister now started a diet!  Sisters - gotta love them cuz their family LOL.  

Who cares what people say about how you look now or used to look.  Just think how they are looking at you at the moment and not where you were or where you are at that time.  All that matters is how you look at yourself and feel about yourself.  

Good luck with your surgery!  I hope to be where you are shortly and looking at my clothes for the last time thinking wow I am getting a new wardrope this time next year for winter!  What an incentive that has to be!

Michelle

Orientation - Toronto Western June 27, 2012 ** Nurse and Social Worker on August 28, 2012 ** Nut Clinic on Oct 1, 2012 ** Psychologist Nov 5, 2012 ** Dietician Dec 6th, 2012 ** MEETING the Surgeon - Feb 1st, 2013 ** Surgery Date - May 22nd, 2013