Optifast.. Pls tell me this gets easier

guelphgirl78
on 1/25/13 4:03 pm - Canada
Well i started my optifast on Thursday to get ready for my surgery on Feb 7th... Does the constant hunger, sweats, and dizziness go away?
Ohhh and the headaches.. Whats up with that?
Help
P_Floyd
on 1/25/13 7:44 pm - Canada

Yup, it's a normal part of the transition and it does get easier. Hang in there, all this shall pass. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/13 8:17 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Yup. I'm on my second last day and I feel great A little hungry in the evening, but I have my veggies then.
Onward and
Downward

on 1/25/13 8:22 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I found it got a lot easier by the third day or so - the hunger really subsided then.  Everyone's different, though, so it might take a day or two longer - who knows?

Good luck on Optifast, and you know what, even if it doesn't get all that much easier, it's a limited amount of time that you'll be on it, and then your new life begins!  You'll be great!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Happysmile
on 1/25/13 8:27 pm

Guelphgirl78
It does get better. I found that I also got headaches. So in the evening I layed down on the couch. All the best.

TM-Doingitforme
on 1/25/13 8:36 pm - Canada
It really does get better, I found the first few days were not fun, but afterwards it was better and I even found the hnger went away. I did find the weekdays easier when I had a regimented schedule and the weekends when my drinks were at different times I was a bit hungrier. Good luck!

Referral: May 13, 2012 | Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH  | RN, RD & SW: August 24, 2012  |  Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: July 21, 2012  & November 22, 2012 |  Internist - Dr. Glazer: September 21, 2012 &  November 19, 2012 | RNY Surgery: January 23, 2013 (HRRH)

karenbean
on 1/25/13 8:41 pm

After the 4th day it is better. I mixed mine in a big blender with ice cold water and coffee grinds it was the only way I could drink them. At the end I was loving them. You need to get all  in each day. You can do this, keep you eye on the prize.

Nanato2
on 1/25/13 9:11 pm, edited 1/25/13 9:12 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Hi Guelphgirl

I started mine on Tuesday and I felt the exact same way the third day was horrible I was so tired I slept most of the day. Yesterday was the 4th day and I was feeling better.

We have to remember our body is carb detoxing.

I have been kind of lucky I have my daughter who did this a year ago and she is my support and a friend who is having the surgery a day after mine so we have been texting each other and talking to get us through this.  

As for the hunger in between the shakes I find the broth and jello are my buddies.  I also add some sugar free syrup for a different taste. If you drink coffee some people add coffee to it.

You can do this just remember what is waiting for you at the end of this a brand new you.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Nevergiveup28
on 1/25/13 9:36 pm
I to started Opti on Thiesday to prepare for surgery Feb 7. Day one I had migraines,vomiting, shakey day two I increased my water intake. I called the surgeons office and be advised to try to get all four shakes in but if I could only do half at a time that was o****ep reading it gets better by day 4 or 5 and that's what keeps me focused right now.
I try to save my veggies for nighttime when I know I will feel the need to eat.
Good luck and may the next 12 days fly by
guelphgirl78
on 1/25/13 10:30 pm - Canada
Veggies? You get to eat veggies? *sniff* I get nothing
Most Active
Recent Topics