Panni's

michellealana
on 2/6/13 2:42 am

Can anyone tell me what the cost is for this if you were to pay for it yourself? Seems like the OHIP route is hard to go....

Catw
on 2/6/13 3:03 am - Arnprior, Canada

I'm not sure the amounts, but it can depend on surgeon that you go to.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/13 3:38 am - Canada

Try the OHIP route...not that bad.

1 get your FD to refer you to a plastic surgeon.

2 Discuss with the Plastic surgeon and he/she will make the application to OHIP. If successful then it's covered.

Make sure you tell them about any skin issues ie rashes etc....antibiotic cream use is another key item to mention. Amount of hanging skin is also important although I don't know what the actual distance is. Mine was hanging but not down to my knees or anything. I also think you have to have lost all the weight you are going to lose and your weight has been steady for 6mths or more. Mentioning any back aches etc also helps.

I certainly think that giving it a go is well worth the bother...it allowed me to add an abdominoplasty to my panni which drew in all the lose skin from  my upper abdomen down to the panni for a reasonable amount of money...$2000. I do have the typical 'anchor' scar but it's healing well after just over 2 weeks. Not sure if that is a standard charge or just what I was charged. I had no muscle work at that time as I had had an extensive hernia repair 6 mths previously

cayleighsmom
on 2/6/13 4:11 am
RNY on 06/05/12

thanks for sharing.  i have been looking for some of this info.  My FD made a referral yesterday, so now i'm just waiting to find out when my appointment will be, and i want to be prepared with all my ducks in a row for the best possible outcome with ohip

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/13 8:11 am - Canada

Best of luck!!

kellybelly333
on 2/6/13 9:48 pm - Toronto, Canada

When I saw the PS, she wasn't sure if I would be approved, as I was considered borderline, but she still put it through for me, and I was approved! She sort of gave me a number, but said she would discuss it more, if I wasn't approved and if I was able to self-pay. That number was $6,000 (ish). If OHIP doesn't approve you are paying the hospital fees, staying over one night, the anesthesiologist fees, and the PS fees as well. She also said she would help me appeal, if I wasn't approved. I think it's worth it, as self-pay would take me two years of saving.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics