Oh my!

katzmeow13
on 2/9/13 7:04 am
Something was holding me back from clearing out the closet and dressers.... Like a Nagy feeling in the back of my head.... What if???? I don't loose the weight... What if???
Then I started, hoping to help out someone who needed some summer stuff for a trip.....
Wow
Once I started I had to remind myself to keep something to wear.
Get ready Jen, you're getting all four seasons if you want them... And whatever you don't want please pass on to someone else in the program or to a women's shelter.
First purge is frighteningly freeing.
Hopefully my first shopping spree will show more restraint.
Kat

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Megan M.
on 2/9/13 7:13 am - Canada
Oh, I remember the tears associated with the first purges. Good, happy tears!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

KarenHope
on 2/9/13 7:23 am
RNY on 04/15/13

Something else to look forward to. Thanks for sharing.

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Heathergetbetter
on 2/9/13 7:24 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

It is freeing! I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.  Thanks for sharing.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
JJ_
on 2/9/13 7:27 am

Congrats on freeing yourself.  It is also very freeing to have the ENERGY to do this.

Judy

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/13 7:45 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I know how you feel. I have not been able to clean out my closet yet. It has been worrying. I am a big girl so even losing 66 pounds has not made a huge difference in my clothes yet. I do have a couple of pairs of jeans and some tops that are very very lose but I am still having trouble letting go of them.

I still have the feeling that this like all things in the past will not work and I will need these clothes again. On the other hand I would like to buy some new things but I don't want to have to buy plus sizes.  

I have been feeling a bit down about things lately I am having a hard time from nibbling.  I am sure this will pass but right now I feel a bit low.    

mermaidz
on 2/9/13 9:31 am - Brampton, Canada

You have mail, dear lady

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

katzmeow13
on 2/9/13 9:39 am

To be honest I haven't lost so much that I need to get rid of stuff, but since I started to get rid of the summer stuff knowing someone needed it and I wouldn't fit in it by then.... But once I started I realized there was a ton of stuff I wasn't wearing that someone else could get some use out of.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/9/13 8:14 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

oh I totally know this feeling!

Because I made purging part of my life for the last 3 years (twice a year I do mega purges) it has become a thing of fun for me. Even if my eyes well up a little over a favourite here or there.

*big hugs*

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

TanyaLH
on 2/9/13 9:13 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I can not wait to do this. kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics