I am back after a bit of a hiatus.

MellissaAnn
on 2/14/13 12:50 pm - barrie, Canada

I took a bit of time off the forum to focus on me and my health but I am back and wanted to say hi to everyone. I hope everyone has been doing great and I have missed all your advice, wisdom and friendly encouragement.

A little update on me...

I am now going on 10 months post op and I am down to 145lbs, my starting weight was 235. Everything is going great and I'm glad to say I have had no complications, how ever since I was what they call a "light weight" going into surgery my weight loss has slowed down quite a bit and at times that is frustrating but I keep on my routine of following my plan, staying active and just being so grateful at this second chance to live my life in a healthy way and being able to keep up with my family is just beyond wonderful.

some pictures of the new me, big different from the old me.

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/13 2:34 pm - Canada
Your looking amazing Mellissa. Great job on your hard work : )
Monica9811
on 2/14/13 9:50 pm - Peterborough, Canada

You look amazing!  Congratulations on all of your hard work!!

gardeninggal
on 2/14/13 10:15 pm - Midland, Canada

Welcome back!  You are doing a wonderful job of focusing on you as it shows.  You are an inspiration to all of us!

Onward and
Downward

on 2/15/13 5:37 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Congratulations!  You've done really well. :)

It's funny, I misread your post as saying that you started at 235 and that you've LOST 145 lbs.  My jaw almost hit the floor, and then I read it properly. :)

So glad you're doing so well.  And yes, I know that for me, sometimes the internet can become all-consuming, and cold turkey is the best way to go for a while.

Thanks for the update and the inspirational pics!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Paddycke51
on 2/15/13 6:27 am - Mississauga, Canada
Wow you look great. I hope I look as great after my surgery as u do. Congrats on your amazing journey.
Paddtcke51    
Dar_Mab
on 2/15/13 7:03 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

ooops.. LOL correction   .... down to 145 lbs.  I misread the first time!     Still an awesome job!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Most Active
Recent Topics