9 more sleeps!! EEK!!!

gunnabehealthy
on 2/16/13 4:58 am

Nine more sleeps till my surgery! Opti fast is going okay! Past the hungry stage now! Just wondering on a few things though. I will be staying in a motel afterwards for three nights and not sure as to what I should be bringing for food wise? Surgery is at HRRH on the 26th with Dr. Hagen. Also, any other words of wisdom? I am not too fussy on cottage cheese either. Need other suggestions please!

Lisa

jackiejellybean
on 2/16/13 7:55 am - Canada

You'll be on full fluids. (Some suggestions) - Bring your protein shakes, greek yogurt, sugar free pudding cups, low fat cream soup, all your vitamins and prescription for pain meds. Best wishes for a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

Jackie

Surgery Date 01/21/13

jackiejellybean
on 2/16/13 7:58 am - Canada

(Yoplait fat free sugar free yogurt is quite good...) also remember your script for blood thinners.

Surgery Date 01/21/13

gunnabehealthy
on 2/16/13 8:22 am

Great! Thanks! That is what I was kinda thinking, also thinking instant plain oatmeal and instant cream of wheat. All with added unflavoured protein powder, correct??

jackiejellybean
on 2/16/13 9:01 am - Canada

I haven't even done those yet (even though I am allowed and I'm 4 weeks out on Monday). It's hard enough getting all the protein in at first as well as sufficient fluid intake. I found the oatmeal and C of W not worth the hassle lol. I registered with myfitnesspal and it is a fabulous tool to calculate protein as well as calories, sugar, carbs and fibre (though those aren't as important as the protein). The day-end totals are also printable so they are a clear visual to take to post op appts to show the dietician.

Surgery Date 01/21/13

Monica9811
on 2/16/13 11:09 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I will be having my surgery the day after you so hopefully we meet! I have Dr Huyhn.  I plan on going home once I get out because I only live an hour and 10 minutes away.  Good luck with the next 9 sleeps-i guess that means I have 10 sleeps!!

Tom R.
on 2/17/13 11:17 am - Lindsay, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13
I'll be having my surgery the same day (26th) with Dr. Lindsay at St. Joe's. Best of luck to you both - see you on the other side!

~ Tom

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics